Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

snap in heel and now constant needle pain

Posted by Jennifer N, on 11/02/02 at 10:48 (099027)

I have had plantar facsitis for over 1 yr now and being treated. Im now currently been going to physical therapy where they give me ultrasound sound wave therapy and icings and stretches. On halloween as I was walking I felt this rubberband feeling on the bottom of my heel stretch and like snap...This is on my left foot. Now when I step on my left foot I feel little needles on the bottom of the heel like if it were asleep. I told the physical therapist yesterday she thought it might be my achilles.. but that was ruled out. So she did this patch therapy for 10 min where its some patch that hooks up to a machine and it has some anti-inflammatory medication to go directly to the pain area. Im still feeling this pain this morning.. Any suggestions what this might be??? thanks for any advice.
PS I have plantar facisits in both feet.

Re: snap in heel and now constant needle pain

Dr. Z on 11/02/02 at 14:48 (099053)

You pulled some of the fibers of the plantar fascia. You may have even pulled one of the small nerve in the foot. Rest. taping, continue with the pt some do the trick to get rid of this

Re: snap in heel and now constant needle pain

Dr. Z on 11/02/02 at 14:48 (099053)

You pulled some of the fibers of the plantar fascia. You may have even pulled one of the small nerve in the foot. Rest. taping, continue with the pt some do the trick to get rid of this