Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The low energy ESWT machines are coming..........

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 11/02/02 at 17:03 (099078)

It won't be long now. ESWT will not remain a high cost, institution based treatment (and that will really make some of our no-name posters angry) but will make our citizens very happy.....

http://www.hmt-ag.ch/
Evotron and Reflectron

http://www.heelspurs.com/bbs/messages/5720.html

http://www.ems-medical.com/erg/

http://www.ismst.com/literature/htm

Ed

Re: The low energy ESWT machines are coming..........

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/02/02 at 17:07 (099081)

Some of the links are not going directly to the sites but require that you click through.
Ed

Bill on 11/02/02 at 19:25 (099095)

Ed,

You have misconstrued my messages. I am not against low cost treatments. I think the current prices are too high!

I am against using machines that are not FDA approved as safe and effective for the treatment of PF. It is really that simple. I trust the FDA to evaluate these machines and I am willing to wait until the results are in.

I sincerely hope that more machines become approved and the price drops below $1,000 per complete treatment and that everyone gets beneficial
results from using ESWT. I hope this happens sooner rather than later.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/02/02 at 19:54 (099099)

Bill -- is the FDA the only entity you trust in this matter?
Ed

rob a on 11/02/02 at 20:08 (099104)

Dr. Davis, you might be interested to know that currently, EMS is undergoing FDA approval for the Dolorclast. I don't know how far along they are but the ball is rolling. As for HMT, don't hold your breath. They make the Ossatron and I doubt they will want to ruin the market for a product that makes them more money then a lower revenue generating product.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/02/02 at 22:05 (099115)

Rob:

I am unsure what the financial relationship is between Healthtronics and HMT but I believe they are separate companies. There may be some agreement protecting Healthronics but it is probably not going to be indefinite as I cannot see HMT shorting itself out of the office based ESWT market solely for the benefit of Healthtronics.
Ed

Bill on 11/03/02 at 08:02 (099136)

Healthtronics has the long-term exclusive rights to market the HMT Ossatron and the Lithotron in the United States. They also have local production rights. The details of the agreement include a minimum monthly purchase and can be found in the Healthtronics SEC filings.

rob a on 11/03/02 at 08:51 (099145)

What is even more important is that Healthtronics is HMT's largest customer and makes up most of their revenue. HMT would surely not want to break relations from their cash cow before they have plan B ready to execute. That would mean that HMT will either have to distribute their products with another US company or make a major investment to build up a US corporate presence. Either way, they would be competing against HealthTronics that has exclusive rights to some of HMT's own products. I think HMT is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

john h on 11/03/02 at 10:52 (099155)

Bill: Do you think the people going to Canada to receive treatment with the FDA unapproved machines are making a mistake? Do you think the Canadian equivilent of the FDA is not up to our standards? We are often behind the power curve in approving new equipment and procedures in the U.S..Perhaps it is the FDA process. In Europe they have been using artifical disk for the back for sometimes with great success. We have only recently started our test. Europe was way out ahead of us on ESWT. One of our posters went to Europe for her back surgery because they had procedures not available to us. I do not know the ins and outs of the FDA but there seems to be some bureaucratic slow ups on many things. That said, the U.S. produuces more new life saving drugs than any country in the world. Many people from other nations do come to our country for procedures unavailable anyywhere else.

Bill on 11/03/02 at 15:28 (099179)

HMT was a shareholders in Healthtronics. In the original public offering documents, Healthtronics listed HMT ownership as 20.7% or 2,000,400 shares. That might make it hard for HMT to break ties with Healthtronics.

Re: Bill. I know who you are. Reb.......

Dr. Z on 11/03/02 at 16:36 (099188)

John,

I just figured out who Bill is. Dam who else would know that much about ESWT the FDA and or all the rules and regulations. Do you want to bring him out or do you what me. I like the guy.!! Here is the hint of all time
Lets play password. SPARKGAP If you miss this I have a few more hints. Its not Pauline

Dr. Z on 11/03/02 at 16:38 (099189)

Hey John

Who else would know these stock facts?? I know who you are Bill. I think you should buy Soncur to get back at....

rob a on 11/03/02 at 18:42 (099201)

HMT's ownership could easily be disolved if it felt that they could go it alone and generate more revenue. It is the legal constraints that they would need to overcome. John W? I didn't even think about him Dr. Z.

rob a on 11/03/02 at 18:46 (099202)

You may be right Dr Z. but the info Bill has presented is easily researched by most who have the time. The tone of the e-mails is a better indicator since the person you are suggesting does have an aggressive, confrontational manner.

john h on 11/04/02 at 09:19 (099255)

Dr. Z: I prefer Bill to remain in the closet. We are probably better served. Long live Bill.

elliott on 11/04/02 at 10:15 (099263)

Does Bill have to be someone we once knew? Maybe it's someone new.

[]

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/04/02 at 13:54 (099294)

He knows some basic financial information, although not completely accurate, about machine costs so it makes me wonder if he works in the industry.
Ed

Anonymous on 11/05/02 at 09:40 (099405)

It can't be john w because he doesn't type that much and is a little swifter.

john h on 11/05/02 at 18:12 (099457)

Dr. Z you and I both know who the Bill is. He is very much the devil.

john h on 11/05/02 at 18:14 (099458)

Dr. Z I sold my Healthtronic shares a couple of years ago and broke even. You still got yours? I think not.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/06/02 at 21:56 (099539)

John:
If he was a an individual who had PF he would be more sympathetic.
Ed

john h on 11/07/02 at 10:11 (099558)

Dr. Ed: Bill is doing what he does best and that is stir the pot when necessary. It is just the Mr. Hyde in him. Mostly he is the very pleasant Dr. Jeykel.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/02/02 at 17:07 (099081)

Some of the links are not going directly to the sites but require that you click through.
Ed

Bill on 11/02/02 at 19:25 (099095)

Ed,

You have misconstrued my messages. I am not against low cost treatments. I think the current prices are too high!

I am against using machines that are not FDA approved as safe and effective for the treatment of PF. It is really that simple. I trust the FDA to evaluate these machines and I am willing to wait until the results are in.

I sincerely hope that more machines become approved and the price drops below $1,000 per complete treatment and that everyone gets beneficial
results from using ESWT. I hope this happens sooner rather than later.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/02/02 at 19:54 (099099)

Bill -- is the FDA the only entity you trust in this matter?
Ed

rob a on 11/02/02 at 20:08 (099104)

Dr. Davis, you might be interested to know that currently, EMS is undergoing FDA approval for the Dolorclast. I don't know how far along they are but the ball is rolling. As for HMT, don't hold your breath. They make the Ossatron and I doubt they will want to ruin the market for a product that makes them more money then a lower revenue generating product.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/02/02 at 22:05 (099115)

Rob:

I am unsure what the financial relationship is between Healthtronics and HMT but I believe they are separate companies. There may be some agreement protecting Healthronics but it is probably not going to be indefinite as I cannot see HMT shorting itself out of the office based ESWT market solely for the benefit of Healthtronics.
Ed

Bill on 11/03/02 at 08:02 (099136)

Healthtronics has the long-term exclusive rights to market the HMT Ossatron and the Lithotron in the United States. They also have local production rights. The details of the agreement include a minimum monthly purchase and can be found in the Healthtronics SEC filings.

rob a on 11/03/02 at 08:51 (099145)

What is even more important is that Healthtronics is HMT's largest customer and makes up most of their revenue. HMT would surely not want to break relations from their cash cow before they have plan B ready to execute. That would mean that HMT will either have to distribute their products with another US company or make a major investment to build up a US corporate presence. Either way, they would be competing against HealthTronics that has exclusive rights to some of HMT's own products. I think HMT is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

john h on 11/03/02 at 10:52 (099155)

Bill: Do you think the people going to Canada to receive treatment with the FDA unapproved machines are making a mistake? Do you think the Canadian equivilent of the FDA is not up to our standards? We are often behind the power curve in approving new equipment and procedures in the U.S..Perhaps it is the FDA process. In Europe they have been using artifical disk for the back for sometimes with great success. We have only recently started our test. Europe was way out ahead of us on ESWT. One of our posters went to Europe for her back surgery because they had procedures not available to us. I do not know the ins and outs of the FDA but there seems to be some bureaucratic slow ups on many things. That said, the U.S. produuces more new life saving drugs than any country in the world. Many people from other nations do come to our country for procedures unavailable anyywhere else.

Bill on 11/03/02 at 15:28 (099179)

HMT was a shareholders in Healthtronics. In the original public offering documents, Healthtronics listed HMT ownership as 20.7% or 2,000,400 shares. That might make it hard for HMT to break ties with Healthtronics.

Dr. Z on 11/03/02 at 16:36 (099188)

John,

I just figured out who Bill is. Dam who else would know that much about ESWT the FDA and or all the rules and regulations. Do you want to bring him out or do you what me. I like the guy.!! Here is the hint of all time
Lets play password. SPARKGAP If you miss this I have a few more hints. Its not Pauline

Dr. Z on 11/03/02 at 16:38 (099189)

Hey John

Who else would know these stock facts?? I know who you are Bill. I think you should buy Soncur to get back at....

rob a on 11/03/02 at 18:42 (099201)

HMT's ownership could easily be disolved if it felt that they could go it alone and generate more revenue. It is the legal constraints that they would need to overcome. John W? I didn't even think about him Dr. Z.

rob a on 11/03/02 at 18:46 (099202)

You may be right Dr Z. but the info Bill has presented is easily researched by most who have the time. The tone of the e-mails is a better indicator since the person you are suggesting does have an aggressive, confrontational manner.

john h on 11/04/02 at 09:19 (099255)

Dr. Z: I prefer Bill to remain in the closet. We are probably better served. Long live Bill.

elliott on 11/04/02 at 10:15 (099263)

Does Bill have to be someone we once knew? Maybe it's someone new.

[]

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/04/02 at 13:54 (099294)

He knows some basic financial information, although not completely accurate, about machine costs so it makes me wonder if he works in the industry.
Ed

Anonymous on 11/05/02 at 09:40 (099405)

It can't be john w because he doesn't type that much and is a little swifter.

john h on 11/05/02 at 18:12 (099457)

Dr. Z you and I both know who the Bill is. He is very much the devil.

john h on 11/05/02 at 18:14 (099458)

Dr. Z I sold my Healthtronic shares a couple of years ago and broke even. You still got yours? I think not.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/06/02 at 21:56 (099539)

John:
If he was a an individual who had PF he would be more sympathetic.
Ed

john h on 11/07/02 at 10:11 (099558)

Dr. Ed: Bill is doing what he does best and that is stir the pot when necessary. It is just the Mr. Hyde in him. Mostly he is the very pleasant Dr. Jeykel.