Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

~~~The Geese are here!! Hundreds of em!!~~~ (NM)

Posted by Necee on 11/04/02 at 00:42 (099233)

Necee

Re: ~~~The Geese are here!! Hundreds of em!!~~~ (NM)

Suzanne D on 11/04/02 at 10:50 (099276)

How nice! We were just talking about hibernation and migration in my class before I took them to lunch! I have a book called Goodbye Geese.

Suzanne :-)

carmen h on 11/04/02 at 18:52 (099346)

Wish I could see them!

Re: Please keep them this time !

Valerie S on 11/05/02 at 12:41 (099436)

Those fat things have taken over the State of Michigan... just about every body of water has been populated by them. They have become a real problem, and are covering the ground with green poo, and keeping all the cute duckies away. If it's not them, it's the swans (but at least the swans are pretty to look at). Just my point of view of course, but those birds are out of control!

caryn z on 11/05/02 at 13:52 (099444)

yes they are a nuisance and vicious if you get too close or they get too close to you, however they do make a pretty picture when they are inflight!

Since we live on the west coast, the geese stay around unless it gets really really cold which means the temperature would have to drop below zero and stay there for quite a while. Our ponds and lakes don't often freeze over entirely so the birds will hang out in many of our conservation park areas here in the valley and by the coastal inlets.

Ever had swimmers itch from the bird poop it's very itchy and the water is really gross too.

Cheers Caryn

Julie on 11/06/02 at 03:04 (099481)

Valerie, we have a beautiful duck pond in Greenwich Park. For the first 30 or so years we lived here it used to be filled with beautiful ducks of every breed, from all over the world. Now, except for a couple of Mallards, they are all gone, chased by the geese.

A whole flock of migrating geese must be a grand sight, and I'd love to see it - but I wish they'd stayed away from Greenwich Park.

Necee on 11/06/02 at 09:19 (099497)

Gee, I can certainly understand your frustration about the geese being so messy. Since they don't stay very long it's a grand sight to see them here. We can hear them coming long before we ever get a glimpse of them in the sky.

Happy trails...

Necee

Suzanne D on 11/04/02 at 10:50 (099276)

How nice! We were just talking about hibernation and migration in my class before I took them to lunch! I have a book called Goodbye Geese.

Suzanne :-)

carmen h on 11/04/02 at 18:52 (099346)

Wish I could see them!

Valerie S on 11/05/02 at 12:41 (099436)

Those fat things have taken over the State of Michigan... just about every body of water has been populated by them. They have become a real problem, and are covering the ground with green poo, and keeping all the cute duckies away. If it's not them, it's the swans (but at least the swans are pretty to look at). Just my point of view of course, but those birds are out of control!

caryn z on 11/05/02 at 13:52 (099444)

yes they are a nuisance and vicious if you get too close or they get too close to you, however they do make a pretty picture when they are inflight!

Since we live on the west coast, the geese stay around unless it gets really really cold which means the temperature would have to drop below zero and stay there for quite a while. Our ponds and lakes don't often freeze over entirely so the birds will hang out in many of our conservation park areas here in the valley and by the coastal inlets.

Ever had swimmers itch from the bird poop it's very itchy and the water is really gross too.

Cheers Caryn

Julie on 11/06/02 at 03:04 (099481)

Valerie, we have a beautiful duck pond in Greenwich Park. For the first 30 or so years we lived here it used to be filled with beautiful ducks of every breed, from all over the world. Now, except for a couple of Mallards, they are all gone, chased by the geese.

A whole flock of migrating geese must be a grand sight, and I'd love to see it - but I wish they'd stayed away from Greenwich Park.

Necee on 11/06/02 at 09:19 (099497)

Gee, I can certainly understand your frustration about the geese being so messy. Since they don't stay very long it's a grand sight to see them here. We can hear them coming long before we ever get a glimpse of them in the sky.

Happy trails...

Necee