Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orbasone FDA trial

Posted by Jen on 11/04/02 at 12:56 (099283)

Hi all,

Anyone know about Orbasone ESWT for treatment of PF? Has it been used for some time before they place it for FDA trial?
I am getting very inpatient with my dual heel problem which was diagnosed as PF five months ago. I have tried many kinds of conservative methods plus two times injections without much improvement. I don't have the classic morning pain since June, but the swelling is more anoying and I still have difficulty standing and walking. I want to get my life back ASAP, but not sure if I shoud try the Orbasone trial or go ahead to get a real ESWT treatment. Since they will use a 'double-blind placebo format' for the trial, and you don't know if you received a real treatment until 12 weeks later. Valuble time might be lossed. Besides, how effective is it going to be if you got the teal stuff? How long do I have to wait for another ESWT of different kind of machine after Orbasone?
Comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Re: Orbasone FDA trial

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/05/02 at 11:19 (099425)

There is actually a study for the orbasone in the American College of Foot and Ankle Journal. I used the Big O for many years Great results

Jen on 11/05/02 at 16:02 (099452)

Yor are NOT using it anymore? Any reasons- may I ask?

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/05/02 at 16:53 (099454)

I purchased the dornier Epos when the big O was was forced by the FDA to re-aply for a class three approval. They had a class one and the FDA told them this was wrong you have to apply for a class three. That is why there is an FDA Trial going on for a new class three. The O works. I did over five hundred plus cases with it. I was the first physician in the USA to use the big O back in early 1999

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/05/02 at 11:19 (099425)

There is actually a study for the orbasone in the American College of Foot and Ankle Journal. I used the Big O for many years Great results

Jen on 11/05/02 at 16:02 (099452)

Yor are NOT using it anymore? Any reasons- may I ask?

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/05/02 at 16:53 (099454)

I purchased the dornier Epos when the big O was was forced by the FDA to re-aply for a class three approval. They had a class one and the FDA told them this was wrong you have to apply for a class three. That is why there is an FDA Trial going on for a new class three. The O works. I did over five hundred plus cases with it. I was the first physician in the USA to use the big O back in early 1999