Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

prognosis of symptoms

Posted by chuck on 11/06/02 at 11:00 (099504)

Has anyone ever suffered the symptoms of PF for longer than two years? I'm going on seven while following all the proper protocol for treatment (othrotics, PT, daily stretching, icing, cortisone, rolling tennis balls and frozen coke cans, pop cans, orange juice cans). The only ones I missed were night splints and surgery, which, as of this date have not been offered as a final solution. Right now, two bones in my right foot are separated. Has anyone ever had that occur also? And has anyone ever found it necessary to leave their home state to get a proper cure for this? (if one actually exists) I mean, does this ever get better or is it a life long thing?
Thanks

Re: prognosis of symptoms

Dr. Z on 11/06/02 at 11:32 (099508)

Hi

If your pf is at the insertional then ESWT is an excellent option for your chronic condition. IF you would like any additional information we can provide you with an ESWT informational packet. Just e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed)

Lara T on 11/06/02 at 14:30 (099513)

My podiatrist (who is very familiar with TTS - he was able to tentatively diagnosis me after listening to my history once, after two years and several doctors misdiagnosing me) once made the comment that over a year of treated PF is TTS. I imagine this isn't always true, but have you been tested for Tarsal Tunnel (NCV test)?

Now that I think about it, I did suffer with PF for over two years before getting my TTS diagnosis. Now I can manage my life (not because of the diagnosis, but because of treatments tried). To some extent I guess it doesn't matter what the diagnosis is (unless surgery is involved) if you stumble upon an effective treatment. Many of the treatments overlap - some don't.

john h on 11/07/02 at 10:36 (099561)

Chuck buddy: I have had bi-laterial PF for 7 years. I traveled from Little Rock to New Jersey to see the famous Dr. Zuckerman either 3 or 4 times. There are numerous people on this board who have had PF for many years and some do greatly improve after taking some of the measures suggested here.

Jan H. on 11/07/02 at 16:35 (099594)

Hi,
I have bi-lateraal too, going on 12 years, haven't found any cure yet. Bought a pair of Birks last week (my first pair) and one heel must be wider than the other because it doesn't fit into the heel cup. I think I've tried everything except surgery.

Dr. Z on 11/06/02 at 11:32 (099508)

Hi

If your pf is at the insertional then ESWT is an excellent option for your chronic condition. IF you would like any additional information we can provide you with an ESWT informational packet. Just e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed)

Lara T on 11/06/02 at 14:30 (099513)

My podiatrist (who is very familiar with TTS - he was able to tentatively diagnosis me after listening to my history once, after two years and several doctors misdiagnosing me) once made the comment that over a year of treated PF is TTS. I imagine this isn't always true, but have you been tested for Tarsal Tunnel (NCV test)?

Now that I think about it, I did suffer with PF for over two years before getting my TTS diagnosis. Now I can manage my life (not because of the diagnosis, but because of treatments tried). To some extent I guess it doesn't matter what the diagnosis is (unless surgery is involved) if you stumble upon an effective treatment. Many of the treatments overlap - some don't.

john h on 11/07/02 at 10:36 (099561)

Chuck buddy: I have had bi-laterial PF for 7 years. I traveled from Little Rock to New Jersey to see the famous Dr. Zuckerman either 3 or 4 times. There are numerous people on this board who have had PF for many years and some do greatly improve after taking some of the measures suggested here.

Jan H. on 11/07/02 at 16:35 (099594)

Hi,
I have bi-lateraal too, going on 12 years, haven't found any cure yet. Bought a pair of Birks last week (my first pair) and one heel must be wider than the other because it doesn't fit into the heel cup. I think I've tried everything except surgery.