Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain stopped?

Posted by MelanieE on 11/09/02 at 11:12 (099667)

Has anyone ever experienced the pain suddenly stopping? Up until 3 days ago I had all the typical TTS pain, burning, heel pain, swelling up the leg after standing etc. I am feeling so much better I am wondering if the nerve can suddenly get released. I don't have the feeling of restriction that forced me to have to take a shorter stride and my thoughts are not consumed with the foot. I actually forgot I had an injury. I am going to do some walking today to see what happens, but otherwise I could live with this. MelanieE

Re: Pain stopped?

Ellen F. on 11/09/02 at 11:22 (099669)

have had days like that also, maybe you are better! I'll hope that is true for you!

MelanieE on 11/10/02 at 22:55 (099755)

I had three days of relief but it's baaaaack. I walked through a swap meet, went shopping all day yesterday and was fine, just tired since I hadn't done much since August. I didn't do waling today, just pulled weeds tonight the foot is on first and it feels like someone is squeezing the sides of my ankle. Oh well, it was wonderful not to be consumed by pain for awhile. Tomorrow is a new day. Melanie

Pam D on 11/12/02 at 08:11 (099861)

Melanie,
With any type of injury, you need to slowly get back into funtional activity. Try taking it slower next time, instead of walking all day, try to increase your activty one half to one hour each day. This is so hard to do for people like us, remember, TT doesn't happen to lazy people! It may be be back to square one, ice, slow stretching, anti-inflamatory's for a while. After 5 years with this problem, I just had surgery. I go back to the Doctor today and will write more as I progress. It got to the point I could no longer work.
Good luck. Keep positive.
Pam D.

Ellen F. on 11/09/02 at 11:22 (099669)

have had days like that also, maybe you are better! I'll hope that is true for you!

MelanieE on 11/10/02 at 22:55 (099755)

I had three days of relief but it's baaaaack. I walked through a swap meet, went shopping all day yesterday and was fine, just tired since I hadn't done much since August. I didn't do waling today, just pulled weeds tonight the foot is on first and it feels like someone is squeezing the sides of my ankle. Oh well, it was wonderful not to be consumed by pain for awhile. Tomorrow is a new day. Melanie

Pam D on 11/12/02 at 08:11 (099861)

Melanie,
With any type of injury, you need to slowly get back into funtional activity. Try taking it slower next time, instead of walking all day, try to increase your activty one half to one hour each day. This is so hard to do for people like us, remember, TT doesn't happen to lazy people! It may be be back to square one, ice, slow stretching, anti-inflamatory's for a while. After 5 years with this problem, I just had surgery. I go back to the Doctor today and will write more as I progress. It got to the point I could no longer work.
Good luck. Keep positive.
Pam D.