Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron yesterday...Questions

Posted by Cherie on 11/09/02 at 14:17 (099678)

I had the Ossatron done yesterday on both my feet. Today, one of my feet is still numb and tingly, the other foot is completely back to normal. Is this OK???

Re: Ossatron yesterday...Questions

Cherie on 11/10/02 at 13:05 (099717)

I'm still numb in one of my feet and the procedure was on Friday and this is Sunday. Is this OK??? I don't want to call the DR on the weekend. This was my bad foot so I thought maybe he might have shot more anesthetic in it. It just worries me because I know that I can get nerve damage from this procedure. It's an awful feeling, the whole ball of my foot and my toes are numb.

Dr. Z on 11/10/02 at 13:44 (099719)

You can still be numb from the anesthetic but this is rare. I have been told that you can have some numbness from the procedure. If you are concerned you should call your doctor as soon as possible. Good luck are rest your feet. Follow your written post eswt directions and when in doubt call you doc

Cherie on 11/12/02 at 20:02 (099967)

Dr. Z,
I wanted to ask you another question. I did call my doctor and he told me that it was way too early to evaluate anything. I kept telling him I knew that, but that I was having terrible numbness and tingling in the ball of one foot and also the toes. Nerve pain shoots to my toes anytime I move my foot around and I had the surgery on Friday. He told me it was the injections he gave me, but this is awful. He marked all these little dots around my ankle bone where my nerve is with a marker and I can barely tap one of these and shocks go all over my foot to my toes. Is this OK?? Can something like this subside soon, I hope. I hate to keep bothering my doctor, I think he thinks I'm a whiner, but this is so uncomfortable. It's like walking around with a golf ball in my shoe. It is way worse than the heel pain. Could some permanent damage have been done??? Thanks so much...Cherie

Cherie on 11/10/02 at 13:05 (099717)

I'm still numb in one of my feet and the procedure was on Friday and this is Sunday. Is this OK??? I don't want to call the DR on the weekend. This was my bad foot so I thought maybe he might have shot more anesthetic in it. It just worries me because I know that I can get nerve damage from this procedure. It's an awful feeling, the whole ball of my foot and my toes are numb.

Dr. Z on 11/10/02 at 13:44 (099719)

You can still be numb from the anesthetic but this is rare. I have been told that you can have some numbness from the procedure. If you are concerned you should call your doctor as soon as possible. Good luck are rest your feet. Follow your written post eswt directions and when in doubt call you doc

Cherie on 11/12/02 at 20:02 (099967)

Dr. Z,
I wanted to ask you another question. I did call my doctor and he told me that it was way too early to evaluate anything. I kept telling him I knew that, but that I was having terrible numbness and tingling in the ball of one foot and also the toes. Nerve pain shoots to my toes anytime I move my foot around and I had the surgery on Friday. He told me it was the injections he gave me, but this is awful. He marked all these little dots around my ankle bone where my nerve is with a marker and I can barely tap one of these and shocks go all over my foot to my toes. Is this OK?? Can something like this subside soon, I hope. I hate to keep bothering my doctor, I think he thinks I'm a whiner, but this is so uncomfortable. It's like walking around with a golf ball in my shoe. It is way worse than the heel pain. Could some permanent damage have been done??? Thanks so much...Cherie