Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

For CarynZ Re: Neuropathy symptoms

Posted by Des L. on 11/09/02 at 18:03 (099683)

Caryn,

Can you possibly give your mother Val's email address for those wanting to contact her regarding neuropathy? If that is OK to do here. You mentioned in a post that she has a group. My diagnosis is TTS, PF, and neuropathy. I would like to contact her for any knowledge on neuropathy. It helps to talk with your doctor when you are informed. I have so many unanswered questions. Thanks. Des

Re: For CarynZ Re: Neuropathy symptoms

Sharon W on 11/10/02 at 08:48 (099698)

Des,

You can find out lots of info about neuropathy at this site:

http://www.neuropathy.org/

Sharon

Des L. on 11/14/02 at 22:19 (100193)

Sharon,

Thank you so much for the neuropathy website. I'm trying to gather as much info as I can on all this. All I know is I feel miserable right now, but I know everyone else does too through all the ups & downs of pain. I'm still taking neurontin but it doesn't seem to help as much anymore even though the dosage was just recently increased. Maybe I need to give it more time. Glad for all the posts you make on here and really appreciate all that you share about your own symptoms and experiences. It's really been helpful to me, and just recently the posts you responded to today. This is a good site.

Talk to you later, Des L.

Re: "Numb Toes and Aching Soles" - For PN

Sharon W on 11/15/02 at 07:48 (100229)

Des,

There are two excellent books dedicated to peripheral neuropathy, written by a man named John A. Senneff -- 'numb Toes and Aching Soles,' and 'Numb Toes and Other Woes'. They are sometimes available at bookstores, or you can buy them from Amazon.com. Senneff is not a Dr., but he IS an expert on the subject of PN, and he suffers from it himself. He includes information about the various causes, the signs and symptoms, and ALL kinds of treatments, from the very latest drugs being researched for PN to the use of accupuncture, massage, herbal therapy, meditation, etc.

Sharon

carynz on 11/16/02 at 14:49 (100425)

both are excellent books. I read the first one to understand my mother's condition and what she was experiencing. It is a good understanding of neuropathies and helps us to understand for ourselves and others suffering with this debilitating condition. We paid quite a bit of CAD$$ for the book but Amazon's price is extremely good and I also believe you can request your library to bring it in for you too.

Cheers Caryn

wendyn on 11/16/02 at 15:56 (100431)

Caryn - sorry I have not responded to your last email. We went away for the long weekend, and I still haven't caught up.

I manage to sneak in 5 minutes here and there on the board, but that's it lately!!!!

carynz on 11/16/02 at 17:51 (100436)

hello fellow Albertan! I think we may be coming home for winter break. My husband may end up working out of Calgary through December - will know more for sure by end of this month. If so, kids and dog and I will head out once school has finished for holidays. We have extra days now over the break due to our school district adding 9 non school days (non paid teaching days) to the curriculum this past September, so kids don't go back to school till Jan. 8th/03. Are you staying home for holidays? How did your exam go anyway.

Today it is very windy and raining off and on. Clouds are moving really fast across the sky and over the mtns so I'm certain you will get some snow if you don't already have some now.

We have no kidlets at home tonight - 2 birthday parties so I'm taking hubby to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding! I've seen it 2x already but he hasn't seen it yet if you haven't seen it you should go it's an absolute h oot.

Chat with you soon and hoping all is well in your busy life too.

Cheers, Caryn

Re: Caryn

wendyn on 11/16/02 at 18:37 (100441)

We had a nice day - about 10C.

The last exam was rough, it was mostly logs and some conics. It was much harder than the first exam. I still ended up with an A, but it was a lot of work to get there.

I am taking two full weeks off at Christmas. A much deserved rest! Let me know if you will be here, we will have to get together for coffee.

carynz on 11/17/02 at 10:48 (100499)

allrighty then. way to go with the A on your exam. Nice balmy day I see, I think we are still up around 10-12c as well but instead of that bright blue sky we have the grey cloud cover which I still can't get used to. Give me -20c anytime on a dry sunny day at least it warms you up from the sun, we are so low to the ground the sun goes right over and doesn't warm anything up - the only drawback to living on the coast in the late fall/winter.

Question for you - Elliott wrote that he seems to suffer more when the airpresure changes and I wrote back that I find that happens to me a lot too and especially when it changes rapdily out here. Have y ou had that happen yourself? Any ideas (the post is under general).

I will let you know re my plans for coming to Calgary once hubby;s schedule is in place and that should be by end of this month hopefully.

toodle loo for now,

cheers Caryn

Re: Caryn - oops it's the ask the drs board (nm)

carynz on 11/17/02 at 10:50 (100501)

caryn

Des L. on 11/18/02 at 00:09 (100538)

Sharon,

Once again thank you for the good information. All the best, DesL.

Sharon W on 11/10/02 at 08:48 (099698)

Des,

You can find out lots of info about neuropathy at this site:

http://www.neuropathy.org/

Sharon

Des L. on 11/14/02 at 22:19 (100193)

Sharon,

Thank you so much for the neuropathy website. I'm trying to gather as much info as I can on all this. All I know is I feel miserable right now, but I know everyone else does too through all the ups & downs of pain. I'm still taking neurontin but it doesn't seem to help as much anymore even though the dosage was just recently increased. Maybe I need to give it more time. Glad for all the posts you make on here and really appreciate all that you share about your own symptoms and experiences. It's really been helpful to me, and just recently the posts you responded to today. This is a good site.

Talk to you later, Des L.

Sharon W on 11/15/02 at 07:48 (100229)

Des,

There are two excellent books dedicated to peripheral neuropathy, written by a man named John A. Senneff -- 'numb Toes and Aching Soles,' and 'Numb Toes and Other Woes'. They are sometimes available at bookstores, or you can buy them from Amazon.com. Senneff is not a Dr., but he IS an expert on the subject of PN, and he suffers from it himself. He includes information about the various causes, the signs and symptoms, and ALL kinds of treatments, from the very latest drugs being researched for PN to the use of accupuncture, massage, herbal therapy, meditation, etc.

Sharon

carynz on 11/16/02 at 14:49 (100425)

both are excellent books. I read the first one to understand my mother's condition and what she was experiencing. It is a good understanding of neuropathies and helps us to understand for ourselves and others suffering with this debilitating condition. We paid quite a bit of CAD$$ for the book but Amazon's price is extremely good and I also believe you can request your library to bring it in for you too.

Cheers Caryn

wendyn on 11/16/02 at 15:56 (100431)

Caryn - sorry I have not responded to your last email. We went away for the long weekend, and I still haven't caught up.

I manage to sneak in 5 minutes here and there on the board, but that's it lately!!!!

carynz on 11/16/02 at 17:51 (100436)

hello fellow Albertan! I think we may be coming home for winter break. My husband may end up working out of Calgary through December - will know more for sure by end of this month. If so, kids and dog and I will head out once school has finished for holidays. We have extra days now over the break due to our school district adding 9 non school days (non paid teaching days) to the curriculum this past September, so kids don't go back to school till Jan. 8th/03. Are you staying home for holidays? How did your exam go anyway.

Today it is very windy and raining off and on. Clouds are moving really fast across the sky and over the mtns so I'm certain you will get some snow if you don't already have some now.

We have no kidlets at home tonight - 2 birthday parties so I'm taking hubby to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding! I've seen it 2x already but he hasn't seen it yet if you haven't seen it you should go it's an absolute h oot.

Chat with you soon and hoping all is well in your busy life too.

Cheers, Caryn

wendyn on 11/16/02 at 18:37 (100441)

We had a nice day - about 10C.

The last exam was rough, it was mostly logs and some conics. It was much harder than the first exam. I still ended up with an A, but it was a lot of work to get there.

I am taking two full weeks off at Christmas. A much deserved rest! Let me know if you will be here, we will have to get together for coffee.

carynz on 11/17/02 at 10:48 (100499)

allrighty then. way to go with the A on your exam. Nice balmy day I see, I think we are still up around 10-12c as well but instead of that bright blue sky we have the grey cloud cover which I still can't get used to. Give me -20c anytime on a dry sunny day at least it warms you up from the sun, we are so low to the ground the sun goes right over and doesn't warm anything up - the only drawback to living on the coast in the late fall/winter.

Question for you - Elliott wrote that he seems to suffer more when the airpresure changes and I wrote back that I find that happens to me a lot too and especially when it changes rapdily out here. Have y ou had that happen yourself? Any ideas (the post is under general).

I will let you know re my plans for coming to Calgary once hubby;s schedule is in place and that should be by end of this month hopefully.

toodle loo for now,

cheers Caryn

Re: Caryn - oops it's the ask the drs board (nm)

carynz on 11/17/02 at 10:50 (100501)

caryn

Des L. on 11/18/02 at 00:09 (100538)

Sharon,

Once again thank you for the good information. All the best, DesL.