Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

VETERANS DAY

Posted by Necee on 11/11/02 at 08:09 (099768)

God Bless all those who have served and are serving in the military, so that we can remain free.
America, land that I love!

Necee

Re: VETERANS DAY

Suzanne D on 11/11/02 at 14:06 (099806)

Yes, Necee, I agree.

I wore my flag pin and bracelet today and explained to the children about Veteran's Day. We read the book THE WALL by Eve Bunting which tells of a father and son going to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial to find the child's grandfather's name. It is well done and tells the experience through the eyes of a child. I have a Reading Rainbow tape that goes with the story and shows the real wall in Washington. The architect who designed the wall is interviewed on the program as she explains how she planned the design and why she chose what she did.

Suzanne :-)

Necee on 11/11/02 at 19:12 (099833)

I wore my American flag pin to work today too Suzanne, and as I was driving to work this morning, the streets in our little country town were lined with American flags, that was a heartwarming sight to see. I hope that all the veterans know just how much they are appreciated, they gave their all to this great nation.

Happy trails....

Necee

Suzanne D on 11/11/02 at 14:06 (099806)

Yes, Necee, I agree.

I wore my flag pin and bracelet today and explained to the children about Veteran's Day. We read the book THE WALL by Eve Bunting which tells of a father and son going to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial to find the child's grandfather's name. It is well done and tells the experience through the eyes of a child. I have a Reading Rainbow tape that goes with the story and shows the real wall in Washington. The architect who designed the wall is interviewed on the program as she explains how she planned the design and why she chose what she did.

Suzanne :-)

Necee on 11/11/02 at 19:12 (099833)

I wore my American flag pin to work today too Suzanne, and as I was driving to work this morning, the streets in our little country town were lined with American flags, that was a heartwarming sight to see. I hope that all the veterans know just how much they are appreciated, they gave their all to this great nation.

Happy trails....

Necee