Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

strassburg sock...do you need an RX to get one

Posted by chuck on 11/12/02 at 15:45 (099915)

Does anyone know if a prescription is needed for a Strassburg sock or can you just order them on line or something? This is one method of treatment I have not tried.
If anyone has tried them, please post some feedback on the outcome.
Thanks everyone
Chuck

Re: strassburg sock...do you need an RX to get one

john h on 11/12/02 at 16:37 (099922)

no prescription for the sock. just order that baby.

Jim C on 11/12/02 at 17:23 (099928)

Hi,
You don't need a RX, but if your doctor prescribes it maybe your insurance would pick it up?
I found it very helpful in greatly reducing morning pain. But I'm not sure if it has helped my overall condition in the long term, I use it in conjunction with other treatments so it is hard judge it's specific effects. I would think anything that reduces any pain has to be helpful, so I would highly recommend it.
It can be very uncomfortable at first and it affected my sleep for a couple of weeks, but be persistant and eventualy you will get use to it. I inserted a full length OTC shoe insole into it, and it was much more comfortable to wear.

Jim

Dave S. on 11/12/02 at 22:30 (099981)

Chuck-
I purchased a Strassburg at http://www.thesock.com . It worked great for me when nothing else did.

john h on 11/12/02 at 16:37 (099922)

no prescription for the sock. just order that baby.

Jim C on 11/12/02 at 17:23 (099928)

Hi,
You don't need a RX, but if your doctor prescribes it maybe your insurance would pick it up?
I found it very helpful in greatly reducing morning pain. But I'm not sure if it has helped my overall condition in the long term, I use it in conjunction with other treatments so it is hard judge it's specific effects. I would think anything that reduces any pain has to be helpful, so I would highly recommend it.
It can be very uncomfortable at first and it affected my sleep for a couple of weeks, but be persistant and eventualy you will get use to it. I inserted a full length OTC shoe insole into it, and it was much more comfortable to wear.

Jim

Dave S. on 11/12/02 at 22:30 (099981)

Chuck-
I purchased a Strassburg at http://www.thesock.com . It worked great for me when nothing else did.