Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Toe Smaller Than Others!

Posted by Demetrice R. on 11/12/02 at 20:35 (099974)

Hi, my name is Demetrice, i'm 14 years old, my 4th toe is smaller than all the rest, it is starting to kinda grow upwards. Could someone please tell me what to do, i have pictures available upon request. Thanks!

Re: Toe Smaller Than Others!

Julie on 11/13/02 at 02:41 (099995)

Hello Demetrice. I'm not a doctor (I'm sure one of them will respond to your question) but my immediate thought is that your upwards-growing little toe may have something to do with your shoes. If they're too narrow at the forefoot they could be cramping your little toe and forcing it upwards.

This is just a guess, but that's the first thing I would look at. Look at the shape of your feet, and the shape of the shoes you wear the most. Most women's and girl's feet are wider at the bottom than the shoes they wear, because the people who design shoes think that's what women want. The narrower the forefoot, the worse it is for the toes.

Re: Toe Smaller Than Others!

Julie on 11/13/02 at 02:41 (099995)

Hello Demetrice. I'm not a doctor (I'm sure one of them will respond to your question) but my immediate thought is that your upwards-growing little toe may have something to do with your shoes. If they're too narrow at the forefoot they could be cramping your little toe and forcing it upwards.

This is just a guess, but that's the first thing I would look at. Look at the shape of your feet, and the shape of the shoes you wear the most. Most women's and girl's feet are wider at the bottom than the shoes they wear, because the people who design shoes think that's what women want. The narrower the forefoot, the worse it is for the toes.