Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot on fire

Posted by Yoshi R on 11/14/02 at 15:00 (100159)

I am a 22 year old male (5'10', 170lbs) who has run cross country in high school and college. I am germany now, running 3-6 miles/day, 3-4 times/week.
I have a aching, dull, buring, coninuous pain that begins in my forefoot around the 1st and 2nd metatarsals and coninues down the middle of the arch, but does not reach the heal.
It originally hurt for about 4 weeks before I took 2 months off, but the pain came back immediately when I began to run again 10 weeks ago. The pain is never enough to keep me from running, but it burns everyday after the run for the rest of the day.
The only pain relief that I can find is to massage, raise it up in the air or stop running, but 2 months off didn't help at all.
I where asics 2070 with extra shock-absorbing inserts (to keep the shis splints away).
(the pain is about a 2 or 3 on a scale from 1-10, ten being the hightest.

Re: foot on fire

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/15/02 at 11:07 (100257)

Could be a neuroma problem You need to see a podiatrist asap. Running is definitely making it worse. So see a doc

Re: foot on fire

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/15/02 at 11:07 (100257)

Could be a neuroma problem You need to see a podiatrist asap. Running is definitely making it worse. So see a doc