Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

help, dr z ,dr cozzarelli, dr ed davis

Posted by jimmy r on 11/16/02 at 07:07 (100363)

after 3 solid years suffering with heel and arch pain, most pain now is in the arch.i been to all kinds of dr's. now for the last 8 months i see a DPM who now see's my problem as scar tissue built on to my mideil band he feels from the ball of he foot a thin string then at one point in the middle of the arch it attaches to a rope there's quite a difference in size he treating me with shots to break up scar tissue but thats not working. maybe he's using the wrong med, what else can he use. name a few names of med and i'll ask. how about a fasciotomy for my condition is it something to help my condition. thanks for your time.

Re: help, dr z ,dr cozzarelli, dr ed davis

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/18/02 at 19:13 (100605)

Jimmy:

Some commonly used injectable medications for scar tissue include: triamcinolone acetonide, Wydase (hyaluronidase).

Did you have surgery previously? Is your calf muscle/achilles tendon tight (this can be relative so ask your DPM about this too).
Ed

jimmyr on 11/19/02 at 18:21 (100681)

dr davis, no surgery. my dr and i feel that i must have had micro tare in the fasia (middle of the arch) and scar tissue in healing caused pressure on the nerves any ideas. would wydase with use of a flash lamp pulsed dye laser help. plz repley

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/21/02 at 21:35 (100856)

I cannot speak for the laser. Wydase and triamcinolone can be very helpful if used in the right places and the right quantities -- something your doc needs to be familiar with.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/18/02 at 19:13 (100605)

Jimmy:

Some commonly used injectable medications for scar tissue include: triamcinolone acetonide, Wydase (hyaluronidase).

Did you have surgery previously? Is your calf muscle/achilles tendon tight (this can be relative so ask your DPM about this too).
Ed

jimmyr on 11/19/02 at 18:21 (100681)

dr davis, no surgery. my dr and i feel that i must have had micro tare in the fasia (middle of the arch) and scar tissue in healing caused pressure on the nerves any ideas. would wydase with use of a flash lamp pulsed dye laser help. plz repley

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/21/02 at 21:35 (100856)

I cannot speak for the laser. Wydase and triamcinolone can be very helpful if used in the right places and the right quantities -- something your doc needs to be familiar with.
Ed