Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bayshore Treatment Day # 2

Posted by AmyinVaBch on 11/16/02 at 19:22 (100449)

Hi,

Thanks for the positive reinforcment folks. As for the individual, whomever he/she may be who posted about the 'placebo effect,' I am very sorry that your life is so unhappy that you would waste your time by posting such a flip comment about something which you have no understanding. You have no knowledge of ME, nor my case and are in no way capable of making such an assertion. Friend, I pray that you will find peace because I sense you do not have it.

As for my treatment, Cori allowed me a 'day off' as is customary in the treatment here. So 11/15, was a free day. I had no pain and did some walking but basically I just took it easy.

Today, 11/16 was treatment day # 2. I had the ESWT followed by the laser treatment. Again, I made it through the whole session uninterrupted. There is no pain involved. It becomes a bit uncomfortable, but a cortisone injection hurt much worse than the treatment. I put my feet back into my Birkinstocks and I felt no pain.

Since I am in Toronto I decided to do a little siteseeing while here. I went to downtown Toronto to do a city tour. I walked for about 2 hours just looking around in the shops around there. No pain again, but let me add this. I do have sacroilliitis in my left lower back. This is a result of the unnatural gaint from the PF. Until that PF resolves, my Ostepath cannot do much about that lower back. First things first though. I joined the tour and it was pretty cool. I am glad to be back at the hotel. I am just tired. But my heel is doing fine.

In receiving care and treatment here at Bayshore, by Cori, the ESWT Senior Therapist, I will follow her treatment directives. After making the decision to come here for care and flying, to boot, I am following her guidelines. Right now, I take this attitude, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.' I am doing fine. I will just carry on from here.

I will have treatment 3 # tomorrow. I am looking forward to it and reporting back to you. I have collected information about the laser treatment and the goals of that added treatment. I will get the details about the Sonocur unit too. For right now, I just wanted to be a 'real person' getting the treatment, on each successive day letting you all know how it is going. More technical details at a later time.

I am really tired and guess what? It is snowing like blue blazes up here. Lord, don't let it snow on Tuesday AM when I fly out of here!

Will write more tomorrow.

Amy

Re: Bayshore Treatment Day # 2

Dr. Z on 11/17/02 at 10:16 (100484)

Hi

Glad that you are getting treatment. I wish you all the best.

Mar on 11/18/02 at 18:01 (100594)

Amy --

I missed your previous post but I am interested in what you are having done. You had ESWT and laser and then went for a 2 hour walk???? I can;t believe it. I have had ESWT twice so far and still cannot walk even a few steps without pain. Can you tell me a little about what you are having done? Thanks -- Mar Email is : (email removed)

Jean P. on 11/19/02 at 14:51 (100653)

Amy,

I had the same procedure done and am very happy with the results. I could not believe it when Cori advised me to go shopping after the second treatment to see how I was progressing - I enjoyed the shopping therapy. If Bill or psuedo Bill knew how much better my feet are now vs. before he would not attribute it to a placebo effect - it is more like a miracle healing. My feet are not perfect (one still hurts) but the improvement is so vast that my quality of life has improved. My insurance didn't cover it but this was the best gift I have ever given myself. Perhaps once your feet are better your gait will return to normal which should improve your back. Best wishes for continued improvement.

Dr. Z on 11/17/02 at 10:16 (100484)

Hi

Glad that you are getting treatment. I wish you all the best.

Mar on 11/18/02 at 18:01 (100594)

Amy --

I missed your previous post but I am interested in what you are having done. You had ESWT and laser and then went for a 2 hour walk???? I can;t believe it. I have had ESWT twice so far and still cannot walk even a few steps without pain. Can you tell me a little about what you are having done? Thanks -- Mar Email is : (email removed)

Jean P. on 11/19/02 at 14:51 (100653)

Amy,

I had the same procedure done and am very happy with the results. I could not believe it when Cori advised me to go shopping after the second treatment to see how I was progressing - I enjoyed the shopping therapy. If Bill or psuedo Bill knew how much better my feet are now vs. before he would not attribute it to a placebo effect - it is more like a miracle healing. My feet are not perfect (one still hurts) but the improvement is so vast that my quality of life has improved. My insurance didn't cover it but this was the best gift I have ever given myself. Perhaps once your feet are better your gait will return to normal which should improve your back. Best wishes for continued improvement.