Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good Feet Orthotics

Posted by Bill K. on 11/17/02 at 10:25 (100489)

My wife has flat feet, hammer toes and pain at the ball of her feet. A Good Feet salesperson suggest that she go with their Classic insert and and a light flexible arch support for home use. They are very expensive and she is concerned that these precision fit orthotics will be no better than her custom fitted orthotics. We would like to here from people with actual long term experience with these orthotics. Any problems to look out for?

Re: Good Feet Orthotics

Suzanne D on 11/17/02 at 14:50 (100514)

Hello, Bill. I am sorry about your wife's foot problems. I have not personally tried the Good Feet products but will summarize for you what I have read at different times on this board concerning them. It would be good if you went to 'search' at the top of the board here, clicked, and then did a search on 'Good Feet'; then you could read all the posts for yourself.

Basically, what I have read here more or less states that they are fairly good pre-made orthotics but are being sold at custom-made prices, and they are generally thought to not be worth the money. Even though customers are asked to step on something like carbon paper or the like, they are still pre-made devices. Also, the people who fit customers with their device are not medically trained, but are salespeople who have had a week or two of training. I know I have read from some of the doctors and CPeds who post here that they are not highly recommended.

I hope I have not misrepresented their case to you; I urge you to do a search on these boards for yourself. But I didn't want your post to go unanswered, so I am giving you my best answer based on what I have read.

Good luck to your wife. Be sure and read The Heel Pain Book (just click on the words) which will give you lots of good advice.

Suzanne :-)

Richard, C.Ped on 11/18/02 at 09:14 (100554)

Hi Bill,
Much has been said about the Good Feet store. This is my personal opinion about them. I would say stay away from them. I do not believe you should pay that much for a non custom item. I would recommend finding a C.Ped in your area that can give you a professional one on one recomendation about what would be the best type of orthosis for your wife's situation.

From what I have heard about those guys, they look at your foot type then grab different foot beds to see which one will work best for you. You may also want to know that they are not Board Certified to do what they do.

Can you tell I do not care for what they do?? lol
Richard, C.Ped

Suzanne D on 11/17/02 at 14:50 (100514)

Hello, Bill. I am sorry about your wife's foot problems. I have not personally tried the Good Feet products but will summarize for you what I have read at different times on this board concerning them. It would be good if you went to 'search' at the top of the board here, clicked, and then did a search on 'Good Feet'; then you could read all the posts for yourself.

Basically, what I have read here more or less states that they are fairly good pre-made orthotics but are being sold at custom-made prices, and they are generally thought to not be worth the money. Even though customers are asked to step on something like carbon paper or the like, they are still pre-made devices. Also, the people who fit customers with their device are not medically trained, but are salespeople who have had a week or two of training. I know I have read from some of the doctors and CPeds who post here that they are not highly recommended.

I hope I have not misrepresented their case to you; I urge you to do a search on these boards for yourself. But I didn't want your post to go unanswered, so I am giving you my best answer based on what I have read.

Good luck to your wife. Be sure and read The Heel Pain Book (just click on the words) which will give you lots of good advice.

Suzanne :-)

Richard, C.Ped on 11/18/02 at 09:14 (100554)

Hi Bill,
Much has been said about the Good Feet store. This is my personal opinion about them. I would say stay away from them. I do not believe you should pay that much for a non custom item. I would recommend finding a C.Ped in your area that can give you a professional one on one recomendation about what would be the best type of orthosis for your wife's situation.

From what I have heard about those guys, they look at your foot type then grab different foot beds to see which one will work best for you. You may also want to know that they are not Board Certified to do what they do.

Can you tell I do not care for what they do?? lol
Richard, C.Ped