Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bayshore Clinic///Weather Report!!! UH, OH!

Posted by AmyinVaBch on 11/17/02 at 10:33 (100493)

Hi,

Today I was to go in for my laser treatment. However, I awakened this morning with a blanket of snow all over. Lord have mercy. I can't believe it. They say we are getting 3-6' of the stuff and it is still coming down.

Cori called me and today will be an 'off' day. I will not miss the treatment though. Tomorrow will be Treatment Day #3 with both shockwave & laser treatment. Then Tuesday AM I will go in to get a final laser treatment and then head on to the airport for my return flight home. Cori said this may be a blessing in disguise since the laser tends to soothe the area of treatment and I will be tooling around in the airport and flying home. So that is OK by me. I just hope this snow stops. I do not want to fly out of this place in anything but SUNNY weather. Say a prayer for me. Just flying here was a BIG deal.

Today I feel a bit of soreness in BOTH feet. Haha. That must have been from my tromping downtown Toronto those six blocks up and back from the Royal York Hotel to the CN Tower. Man, it is cold up here compared to Va Bch. From the looks of it, most people are so used to it, they walk at a regular, steady pace up and down the streets. Woowoo, it is windy. No pain though, and this is the first time that I have walked more than back and forth to my car to go to the doc's offices, pharmacy, the grocery store, or to church in 1.5 years. So, so far so good. Yeehaw!

I will be back tomorrow. Thanks for your kind words, everyone.

Amy

Re: Bayshore Clinic///Weather Report!!! UH, OH!

Doug on 11/17/02 at 10:52 (100502)

My failed treatment (Dornier) in Toronto was not at Bayshore, it was at a sportsmedicine clinic (can't remember name of it). But I may be game to come to Bayshore. I am incrediblity frustrated by not being able to jog and the pain that has persisted for years.
Doug

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/18/02 at 19:04 (100603)

How many treatments did you have?

I recently had a telephone conversation with Sunny Jacob of Bayshore. It was a pleasure talking to someone with a great depth of knowledge about the subject. We could get a good chuckle about some of the politics going on which you can see reflected on this message board. Besides his depth of knowledge he has a wealth of experience. Enough experience which can start to make judgements between protocols and methods.

Before you give up on ESWT, give Sunny a call!
Ed

Jen on 11/18/02 at 21:38 (100612)

Hi Amy,
Could you tell us if you get anethesia during each of the treatment? How long did it last in your experience?
Many thanks.

john h on 11/20/02 at 11:49 (100744)

Dr Ed: From what I have read I think Sunny is the most technically informed person on ESWT that I have encountered. He seems to be a walking encyclopedia on this subject. Couple that with his practical experience in the field both here and in Europe and you have a true expert.

Amy in Va Bch on 11/20/02 at 22:44 (100769)

Hi Jen,

I wanted to put the answer to your questions in a separate post. There is NO anesthesia (neither general nor local) for the ESWT treatment. There was no need! The treatment itself is about 15 minutes. When the laser is implemented, just add another five minutes or so to that. You don't even need a bullet to bite on during the process either (smile).

Please read my continuing posts. I am a bit behind on posting but I will get to it tonight!

Take care,
Amy

Doug on 11/17/02 at 10:52 (100502)

My failed treatment (Dornier) in Toronto was not at Bayshore, it was at a sportsmedicine clinic (can't remember name of it). But I may be game to come to Bayshore. I am incrediblity frustrated by not being able to jog and the pain that has persisted for years.
Doug

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/18/02 at 19:04 (100603)

How many treatments did you have?

I recently had a telephone conversation with Sunny Jacob of Bayshore. It was a pleasure talking to someone with a great depth of knowledge about the subject. We could get a good chuckle about some of the politics going on which you can see reflected on this message board. Besides his depth of knowledge he has a wealth of experience. Enough experience which can start to make judgements between protocols and methods.

Before you give up on ESWT, give Sunny a call!
Ed

Jen on 11/18/02 at 21:38 (100612)

Hi Amy,
Could you tell us if you get anethesia during each of the treatment? How long did it last in your experience?
Many thanks.

john h on 11/20/02 at 11:49 (100744)

Dr Ed: From what I have read I think Sunny is the most technically informed person on ESWT that I have encountered. He seems to be a walking encyclopedia on this subject. Couple that with his practical experience in the field both here and in Europe and you have a true expert.

Amy in Va Bch on 11/20/02 at 22:44 (100769)

Hi Jen,

I wanted to put the answer to your questions in a separate post. There is NO anesthesia (neither general nor local) for the ESWT treatment. There was no need! The treatment itself is about 15 minutes. When the laser is implemented, just add another five minutes or so to that. You don't even need a bullet to bite on during the process either (smile).

Please read my continuing posts. I am a bit behind on posting but I will get to it tonight!

Take care,
Amy