Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

scar tissue

Posted by jimmyr on 11/17/02 at 10:38 (100494)

what types of med is used to get rid of it. it seems to be attached to the midiel band of my fasia high in the arch or is pt a good treatment

Re: scar tissue

Sharon W on 11/18/02 at 08:48 (100551)

Jimmy,

PT can sometimes do a type of deep tissue massage that is helpful. With your Dr's authorization, they can also do therapeutic ultrasound to help break up that scar tissue. And if that doesn't work, your Dr. can inject certain steroids (and maybe Wydase) into the scar tissue area to help get rid of it. I would certainly want to explore these other options before even considering another surgery...

Sharon

jimmyr on 11/19/02 at 17:57 (100680)

sharon the funny thing is i didn't have any surgery i think i in over training for long distance running may have torn the fasia in a spot that is hard to heal but i think i'll try a pt any other ideas let me know thx

Sharon W on 11/18/02 at 08:48 (100551)

Jimmy,

PT can sometimes do a type of deep tissue massage that is helpful. With your Dr's authorization, they can also do therapeutic ultrasound to help break up that scar tissue. And if that doesn't work, your Dr. can inject certain steroids (and maybe Wydase) into the scar tissue area to help get rid of it. I would certainly want to explore these other options before even considering another surgery...

Sharon

jimmyr on 11/19/02 at 17:57 (100680)

sharon the funny thing is i didn't have any surgery i think i in over training for long distance running may have torn the fasia in a spot that is hard to heal but i think i'll try a pt any other ideas let me know thx