Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

possible neuromas??

Posted by Lisa B. on 11/18/02 at 10:39 (100561)

i am 26 yrs old and in good shape. I was having cramping in my toes when i walked or excercised. then in my left foot, the cramping subsided and i had pain between my toes. my doctor said it was a neuroma and injected cortisone into both of my feet. i asked if it was necessary on my right foot since i didn't have pain, and he said the cramping was a precursor so i might as well get it done. it has been 4 days, and my left foot feels fine, but my right, which previously didn't have any pain, now hurts really bad on the ball of my foot. it's very tender and hurts to put pressure on it. the cortisone shot also hurt more going into this foot. are there any reasons for this/side effects of cortisone? will the tenderness go away? is there anything i can do to make it feel better?

Re: possible neuromas?? FIND NEW DOC ASAP!!!

Sheila S on 11/20/02 at 04:43 (100722)

Find another doctor immediately!! His methods are not proper. NO doctor automatically treats 'just in case' when there are no symptoms. Would you have both breast removed just because you found a lump in ONE and didn't even know what the lump was??????

Search this forum for 'neuromas' and you'll get some good advice on tests, etc. I'm not a doctor, but have 'been there and done that.' Just because a person has 'Doctor' in their name, does not mean they are a good one, honest one, etc. Check out what they say before just agreeing to anything. This goes for ANY doctor.

Dr. David S. Wander on 11/20/02 at 14:09 (100749)

It certainly is strange that your doctor injected your asymptomatic foot 'just in case' in might begin to hurt at a later date. This is NOT the standard of care and I would also advise finding another doctor.

Sheila S on 11/20/02 at 18:13 (100759)

by the way... =) The doctors on this site are extremely helpful and have nothing to gain - you've come to an excellent source for information and help. They are not paid for their input here, and it's obvious they have a desire to help when they can. (My statement was not intended to sound like all doctors were bad; but neither are all doctors good - they ARE all human though). Best of luck to you and do, above all, your homework on neuroma's - especially since you have the internet available to you! =) Sheila

Sheila S on 11/20/02 at 04:43 (100722)

Find another doctor immediately!! His methods are not proper. NO doctor automatically treats 'just in case' when there are no symptoms. Would you have both breast removed just because you found a lump in ONE and didn't even know what the lump was??????

Search this forum for 'neuromas' and you'll get some good advice on tests, etc. I'm not a doctor, but have 'been there and done that.' Just because a person has 'Doctor' in their name, does not mean they are a good one, honest one, etc. Check out what they say before just agreeing to anything. This goes for ANY doctor.

Dr. David S. Wander on 11/20/02 at 14:09 (100749)

It certainly is strange that your doctor injected your asymptomatic foot 'just in case' in might begin to hurt at a later date. This is NOT the standard of care and I would also advise finding another doctor.

Sheila S on 11/20/02 at 18:13 (100759)

by the way... =) The doctors on this site are extremely helpful and have nothing to gain - you've come to an excellent source for information and help. They are not paid for their input here, and it's obvious they have a desire to help when they can. (My statement was not intended to sound like all doctors were bad; but neither are all doctors good - they ARE all human though). Best of luck to you and do, above all, your homework on neuroma's - especially since you have the internet available to you! =) Sheila