Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Guys, please just answer one more question!

Posted by Cherie on 11/18/02 at 15:18 (100581)

Thanks so much for all the info. I have a couple more questions. What would have caused my tibial nerve to become damaged from the block used during the Ossatron procedure? Did the doctor do something wrong? Have I jeopardized my possible recovery by hobbling around for a week on this painful foot because I really cannot walk on the ball of my foot because it is completely numb and painful, so most of my weight goes on my heel? Thanks again...Cherie

Re: Guys, please just answer one more question!

Mar on 11/18/02 at 17:57 (100593)

Oh Cherie be so careful! I had terrible ball of foot pain (after bunion surgery) and walked on my heels developing severe PF in both heels which I have had for over a year. (And still have the ball of foot pain.) Get help soon -- Mar

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/18/02 at 18:23 (100595)

When a nerve block is done, the needle deposits the local anesthetic in and around the nerve. It is possible to bruise the nerve with the needle.
It does not happen very often. Like all bruises, it will go away -- nerve tissue takes longer to heal than other tissues.
Ed

Mar on 11/18/02 at 17:57 (100593)

Oh Cherie be so careful! I had terrible ball of foot pain (after bunion surgery) and walked on my heels developing severe PF in both heels which I have had for over a year. (And still have the ball of foot pain.) Get help soon -- Mar

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/18/02 at 18:23 (100595)

When a nerve block is done, the needle deposits the local anesthetic in and around the nerve. It is possible to bruise the nerve with the needle.
It does not happen very often. Like all bruises, it will go away -- nerve tissue takes longer to heal than other tissues.
Ed