Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NEUROMA PF PAIN?

Posted by JEFF R on 11/19/02 at 04:34 (100618)

PLEASE HELP! HI EVERYONE THIS MAYBE LONG SORRY IN FEB THIS YEAR I HAD SOME PAIN IN MY HEELS. I SAW A POD AND DIAGNOSED PF. I THEN HAD ORTHOTICS MADE WHICH WERE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. I HAVE A VERY HIGH ARCH. THE ORTHOTICS GAVE ME PAIN AND FELT LIKE I WAS STANDING ON A CRUMBLED UP SOCK.I THEN HAD ANOTHER PAIR MADE WITH A GROOVE IN THE ORTHOTIC TO GIVE ME ROOM FOR MY 'TIGHT FASCIA' WITH NO HELP.THE POD THEN REMOLDED MY FOOT FOR A 3RD PAIR WHICH STILL GAVE ME NO RELIEF. THESE ORTHOTICS TOOK MY HEEL PAIN AWAY BUT CONTINUED TO GIVE ME PAIN IN MY ARCHES. AFTER MY 3RD PAIR WAS MADE I THEN WAS DIAGNOSED BY THE POD TO HAVE A NEUROMA IN MY LEFT FOOT. MRI REPORT JUST SAID THICKENING TISSUE IN 4TH AND 5TH DIGIT, NO NEUROMA SEEN.I THEN HAD A COTISONE SHOT X 1 WITH NO RELIEF. AND A FOURTH PAIR OF ORTHOTICS MADE WHICH IS WHERE I'M AT NOW. ALL ORTHOTICS WENT FROM HARD TO SOFT. THIS FOUTH PAIR IS THE SOFTEST AND STILL FEELS LIKE IM STANDING ON A CRUMPLED UP SOCK. MY PROBLEM NOW IS---- MY RT FOOT IS FINE WITHOUT AN ORTHOTIC. BUT PAINFUL WITH ONE IN. MY LEFT FOOT NEUROMA PAIN IS GONE WITHIT IN BUT I ALSO HAVE THE ARCH PAIN WITH IT IN. IF I LEAVE IT OUT ARCH PAIN IS GONE BUT NEUROMA HURTS ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS, JEFF