Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel

Posted by Rick M on 11/21/02 at 07:45 (100782)

Has anyone gotten Tarsal Tunnel from the type of work they do? And have gotten workers compensation. I have been treating for it since May. Every time I go back to work it gets worst so I have been off since the beginning of Oct. The type of work I do requires me to be on my feet all day on concrete and in all types of weather. I fell at work back in
January and hit my foot but didn't turn it in to workers comp. and now I
have Tarsal Tunnel. When I am not at work it gets better or at least dosen't bother me as much. My doctor feels surgery is the only thing left.

Re: Tarsal Tunnel

William S on 11/21/02 at 17:09 (100835)

I am confused. I was told by my Doctor I had TTS. He tapped near my ankle and I felt no pain in the ball of my foot. He said I should have felt some pain. He has now sent me for am MRI. He still says it's probably TTS but he said it's strange that I felt no pain when he was poking around.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/26/02 at 16:37 (101202)

Many individuals have gotten tarsal tunnel from the work they do. What part of your foot did you hit last January?
Ed

Rick M on 11/26/02 at 21:26 (101218)

When I fell my foot came down like a whip against the hill of my foot, I got a shark pain shoot through my foot.
It didn't bother me that much at first but the more I walk on it the worst it got. I left it go for about 3 months before
it got so bad I had to see a doctor.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/27/02 at 15:52 (101271)

That could have led to TTS. Have you had an MRI and/or NCV (nerve conduction velocity test)?
Ed

Rick M on 11/28/02 at 20:47 (101363)

I had the nerve test done and doctor said that I do have a nerve problem.

William S on 11/21/02 at 17:09 (100835)

I am confused. I was told by my Doctor I had TTS. He tapped near my ankle and I felt no pain in the ball of my foot. He said I should have felt some pain. He has now sent me for am MRI. He still says it's probably TTS but he said it's strange that I felt no pain when he was poking around.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/26/02 at 16:37 (101202)

Many individuals have gotten tarsal tunnel from the work they do. What part of your foot did you hit last January?
Ed

Rick M on 11/26/02 at 21:26 (101218)

When I fell my foot came down like a whip against the hill of my foot, I got a shark pain shoot through my foot.
It didn't bother me that much at first but the more I walk on it the worst it got. I left it go for about 3 months before
it got so bad I had to see a doctor.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/27/02 at 15:52 (101271)

That could have led to TTS. Have you had an MRI and/or NCV (nerve conduction velocity test)?
Ed

Rick M on 11/28/02 at 20:47 (101363)

I had the nerve test done and doctor said that I do have a nerve problem.