Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

neuroma after pf release surgery

Posted by Robert H. on 11/21/02 at 12:53 (100803)

I would like to hear from anyone who has developed a neuroma after endoscopic plantar fascia release. Is this common? I had numbness between the 2nd and 3rd toes immediately after this surgery, followed by the gradual development of the neuroma. I would appreciate hearing about any similar experiences.

Re: neuroma after pf release surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/21/02 at 13:54 (100811)

I have seen this before. IT is my feeling that it is due to the transfer of weight from the heel to the ball of the foot. Very important to examine all interspaces before heel spur surgery

Stephanie on 12/06/02 at 09:19 (101955)

I had PF surgery on both feet and I had the same numbness on half of my Left foot, from the little toe to the middle toe and it lasted for 4 months. I was put on a medication called Neurontin. I did not have numbness on the Right foot after surgery.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/21/02 at 13:54 (100811)

I have seen this before. IT is my feeling that it is due to the transfer of weight from the heel to the ball of the foot. Very important to examine all interspaces before heel spur surgery

Stephanie on 12/06/02 at 09:19 (101955)

I had PF surgery on both feet and I had the same numbness on half of my Left foot, from the little toe to the middle toe and it lasted for 4 months. I was put on a medication called Neurontin. I did not have numbness on the Right foot after surgery.