Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot pain

Posted by Alexandra on 11/21/02 at 14:17 (100815)

Approximately two weeks ago I started having intense pain sporadically.

The pain is located in two places 1: where the heel meets the arch and 2: the front of the foot where the ball meets the arch (both on the inside). I am looking at different options for insoles (heel cup, orthotics, etc.). I would appreciate any input.

Thank you,

In pain.

Re: foot pain

Carole C in NOLA on 11/21/02 at 21:34 (100854)

Alexandra, first, I'm sorry to hear that you are having this intense pain. I would urge you to see a podiatrist or other foot doctor and get it diagnosed. It could be plantar fasciitis, and if it is, then it's important to know so that you can start treating it early. The earlier you start treating it, the less likely it is to become long term.

Meanwhile, as far as insoles go, I have heard good things about Superfeet (I think there's a link to them in the products section of this website). Some podiatrists may recommend custom orthotics instead. Also, Birkenstock shoes in an Arizona or Boston style have helped many people. You can see them at http://www.birkenstockexpress.com or other Birkenstock websites.

The heel pain book on this website is very helpful and has a lot of information in it.

Carole C

Re: foot pain

Carole C in NOLA on 11/21/02 at 21:34 (100854)

Alexandra, first, I'm sorry to hear that you are having this intense pain. I would urge you to see a podiatrist or other foot doctor and get it diagnosed. It could be plantar fasciitis, and if it is, then it's important to know so that you can start treating it early. The earlier you start treating it, the less likely it is to become long term.

Meanwhile, as far as insoles go, I have heard good things about Superfeet (I think there's a link to them in the products section of this website). Some podiatrists may recommend custom orthotics instead. Also, Birkenstock shoes in an Arizona or Boston style have helped many people. You can see them at http://www.birkenstockexpress.com or other Birkenstock websites.

The heel pain book on this website is very helpful and has a lot of information in it.

Carole C