Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

achelies tendon Pain

Posted by Don J on 11/21/02 at 15:30 (100822)

A couple months ago I was sitting in a chair that had a bar across the front two legs - a couple inches off the ground. I was leaning back in my chair, like my mother always told me not to do. When I leaned forward the bar landed on the back of my foot. Since then the base of my achelies tendon (at the heal) has been in pain. It doesn't seem to be getting better. My guess is that the tendor tore away from the base slightly. I don't have insurance or much money. Do I need to see a podiatrist or some other kind of docter? Or will it heal on it's own given enough time?

I can walk, It is not severe pain but I can feal it anytime I bend my ankle. Esp with weight on it. And if i bump the heal - like I did just now it does hurt quite a bit.

Thanks

Don

Re: achelies tendon Pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/22/02 at 09:26 (100892)

Bit the bullet. Putting off an examination could lead to chronic pain, disability and more expense

Re: achelies tendon Pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/22/02 at 09:26 (100892)

Bit the bullet. Putting off an examination could lead to chronic pain, disability and more expense