Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

z coil shoes

Posted by diana on 11/21/02 at 17:05 (100832)

has anyone tried them and what do you think of them? diana

Re: z coil shoes

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/21/02 at 21:08 (100846)

Diana:
I purchased a pair for personal use. They offer good support with a built-in prefab orthotic, good shock absorbtion. The spring raises up your heel fairly high so it is a bit like wearing a high heel. I would be a bit cautious about spending too much time in a high heeled shoe as the heel cord can contract/tighten which makes going back to flats difficult.
Ed

Julie on 11/22/02 at 01:49 (100875)

Diana, I have no experience of them but I remember that a few posters who are no longer around tried them and found them unstable.

Richard, C.Ped on 11/22/02 at 10:08 (100898)

They get the coveted pedorthic rasberry award from me. Ppppffftttt. LOL
Richard, C.Ped

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/21/02 at 21:08 (100846)

Diana:
I purchased a pair for personal use. They offer good support with a built-in prefab orthotic, good shock absorbtion. The spring raises up your heel fairly high so it is a bit like wearing a high heel. I would be a bit cautious about spending too much time in a high heeled shoe as the heel cord can contract/tighten which makes going back to flats difficult.
Ed

Julie on 11/22/02 at 01:49 (100875)

Diana, I have no experience of them but I remember that a few posters who are no longer around tried them and found them unstable.

Richard, C.Ped on 11/22/02 at 10:08 (100898)

They get the coveted pedorthic rasberry award from me. Ppppffftttt. LOL
Richard, C.Ped

Paul Hunter on 4/15/03 at 12:46 (116185)

Richard,

I realize this message is old, but your response to Z-Coils without knowing anything about them makes me think ppppffffttt, never would I send anybody to a C.Ped that narrow minded and uninformed.

Z-Coils have saved my career as a nurse, heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, and back pain were causing me to consider early retirement, but thanks to my Z-Coils I can work 14 to 16 hour shifts no problem!

Paul