Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sudden foot pain

Posted by Eve S on 11/23/02 at 11:50 (100996)

I work nights and I'm on my feet alot. Last Thursday when I woke up, I noticed some slight pain on the bottom of my foot and heel. As the day wore on, the pain seemed to increase somewhat, but was not unbearable. I took some aspirin and went to work that night. All night it seemed the pain was increasing. Whenever I could, I sat with my foot elevated, and it felt better the next time I got up and walked. After work, I went right home to bed. When I woke up later that day, I could hardly stand on my sore foot. I've been limping around since. When I put my foot flat on the floor, it sort of feels like there's a ball or something inside the front of my heel and in my arch. The pain is so bad, I had to call in sick to work, as there is no way I could walk around for ten hours. I always wear athletic shoes at my job, and I recently bought a new pair that felt just wonderful. Could my new shoes, even though they felt so good, be causing my problem? Or do you think I have PF? It sounds to me like all the classic symptoms I've been reading about.

Also, what's your opinion on FABS for PF treatment? I heard they're very good. Is it true?

Thanks for any info.

Re: Sudden foot pain

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 11/24/02 at 06:05 (101029)

Hi Eve:

it sounds like plantar fasciitis. I, myself bought a pair of Avia sneakers once and they felt great but guess what every time I wore them I got plantar fasciitis. It took me five time to realize this sneaker was causing the problem Stop wearing the sneakers and see if the pain subsides.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: Sudden foot pain

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 11/24/02 at 06:05 (101029)

Hi Eve:

it sounds like plantar fasciitis. I, myself bought a pair of Avia sneakers once and they felt great but guess what every time I wore them I got plantar fasciitis. It took me five time to realize this sneaker was causing the problem Stop wearing the sneakers and see if the pain subsides.

Dr. John Cozzarelli