Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis

Posted by cheryl r on 11/23/02 at 12:35 (101001)

what can i do if i have a job that requires to be on my feet all day im in retail work .....rest, but during the day it hurts...and in the morning wwhen i get up the pain is so bad it hurts to walk on my right foot. thank you please help.

Re: plantar fasciitis

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 11/24/02 at 06:03 (101028)

Cheryl:

It sounds like plantar fasciitis. I would inspect my shoes initially to see what you usually wear. Get out of flats and switch to a wedge type shoe or low heel for know. If possible have some type of fatique mat if you work in one location. In the morning I would also have slipper with a heel when you first get out of bed. I see a foot doctos start some physical therapy, night splint for passive stretching and avoid cortisone injections. I would also have some type of orthotic or support worn in the shoe for standing. This should get you started.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: plantar fasciitis

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 11/24/02 at 06:03 (101028)

Cheryl:

It sounds like plantar fasciitis. I would inspect my shoes initially to see what you usually wear. Get out of flats and switch to a wedge type shoe or low heel for know. If possible have some type of fatique mat if you work in one location. In the morning I would also have slipper with a heel when you first get out of bed. I see a foot doctos start some physical therapy, night splint for passive stretching and avoid cortisone injections. I would also have some type of orthotic or support worn in the shoe for standing. This should get you started.

Dr. John Cozzarelli