Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Any update from BrianJ

Posted by DJ on 11/23/02 at 13:09 (101003)

BrianJ,

any new updates to your progress since your surgery with Dr. Baxter? I've finished my ESWT (unsuccesful so far) and am almost ready to schedule a surgery with Dr. Baxter. Hope you are doing well. Good luck

Re: Any update from BrianJ

BrianJ on 11/24/02 at 15:48 (101049)

Yes, I am a little tardy with my two-month Baxter surgery update, so here it is:

The pain level in the surgical foot is still slightly worse than it was pre-surgery. However, I have noticed that post-ambulation pain and burning is less. In other words, once I get off my feet, the pain/burning goes away more quickly. There are days when the foot feels quite a bit better, and then it regresses. I hope this is a sign of healing, however slow the healing might be. Mainly, it's standing in one place that hurts the worst.

I would definitely schedule a preliminary (non-surgery) appointment with Dr. Baxter if you have tried all the other options. He is one of the best foot surgeons in the country (my opinion, based on research), and is not pushy about doing surgery.

I'll report back in about a month.

DJ on 11/25/02 at 22:39 (101159)

Thanks for the update. Good Luck with the rest of your recovery!

BrianJ on 11/24/02 at 15:48 (101049)

Yes, I am a little tardy with my two-month Baxter surgery update, so here it is:

The pain level in the surgical foot is still slightly worse than it was pre-surgery. However, I have noticed that post-ambulation pain and burning is less. In other words, once I get off my feet, the pain/burning goes away more quickly. There are days when the foot feels quite a bit better, and then it regresses. I hope this is a sign of healing, however slow the healing might be. Mainly, it's standing in one place that hurts the worst.

I would definitely schedule a preliminary (non-surgery) appointment with Dr. Baxter if you have tried all the other options. He is one of the best foot surgeons in the country (my opinion, based on research), and is not pushy about doing surgery.

I'll report back in about a month.

DJ on 11/25/02 at 22:39 (101159)

Thanks for the update. Good Luck with the rest of your recovery!