Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoe question

Posted by Carmon S. on 11/23/02 at 17:50 (101011)

I have a shoe question for the docs or anyone else who can help me. I am post-op 4 months on left foot and 7 months on right foot (PF). I had a new pair of orthotics made a couple of months ago. These orthotocs are very cushy in the heel and which is great, however, I am finding that I slip out of my new running shoes. My new balance runnning shoes supposedly have a deeper heel cup that my last pair. To make a long story short, i really don't want my heel to give me that little slip that it does (I have already experimented with a heel pad too. My question is....do any of you know if there is a shoe out there that has a really deep heel well / cup?? What would you recommend.

Thanks!

Re: Shoe question

carmen h on 11/25/02 at 08:42 (101080)

go to the shoes orthotics section of this site...you could find some help there.

john h on 11/25/02 at 09:51 (101085)

There are a number of custom shoes that are made to accomodate orthotics (Minor Shoes). SAS has a wide and deep shoe that accomodates orthotics well. I am sure there are others.

carmen h on 11/25/02 at 08:42 (101080)

go to the shoes orthotics section of this site...you could find some help there.

john h on 11/25/02 at 09:51 (101085)

There are a number of custom shoes that are made to accomodate orthotics (Minor Shoes). SAS has a wide and deep shoe that accomodates orthotics well. I am sure there are others.