Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bilateral hallux limitus/rigidus

Posted by Linda A on 11/25/02 at 03:48 (101077)

I have bilateral hallux limitus/rigidus with spurs in both my big toes and in the middle of both my feet. I have good range of motion in my big toes even though I have a lot of degenerative osteoarthritis by x-ray. I am experiencing most of my pain in my hips, knees, back and shoulders. Would a gait analysis laboratory be of any value and if so where can I find one? Also would it be beneficial to have the spurs taken off before I go for a gait analysis? Thank you very much

Re: Bilateral hallux limitus/rigidus

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 11/25/02 at 21:29 (101146)

HI linda:

The answer is yes to both questions. If you check out our web site in the Foot Maxx gait analysis location it can do a computerized pressure analysis. If we are to far from you go to the foot maxx site a request a referral. removing the spurs would allow better bending of the big toe.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: Bilateral hallux limitus/rigidus

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 11/25/02 at 21:29 (101146)

HI linda:

The answer is yes to both questions. If you check out our web site in the Foot Maxx gait analysis location it can do a computerized pressure analysis. If we are to far from you go to the foot maxx site a request a referral. removing the spurs would allow better bending of the big toe.

Dr. John Cozzarelli