Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm thinking of getting a second opinion.....

Posted by Kathy G on 11/26/02 at 18:32 (101210)

although my Pod has discussed my case with his partner. My sisters think I should go to Boston since we're only about 1 1/2 hours away but I think that one of our local Pods would be all right.

At any rate, do you know if any of our hospitals (Mass General, Lahey, Children's, Brigham and Women's) have a particularly notworthy Podiatric department?

Re: I'm thinking of getting a second opinion.....

BrianG on 11/26/02 at 19:00 (101211)

Hi Kathy,

Mass General was in on the original Dornier trials. It was run by the orthopaedic surgical department, by Dr. George Theodore. I would think Ma Gen would be as good, if not better, than any other place in this area. But, I'm not speaking from experience. I belong to an HMO, and do not have that choice (to go to Boston). I had to go to Worcester, to the old St V.'s for my second opinion. The rat hole is now closed (since the new medical city was built in Worcester). I think the idea of a 2nd opinion is a good one.

Regards
BrianG, not a doc

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 11/26/02 at 20:43 (101215)

Hi Brian:

I did an externship when I was in my fourth year at Cambridge at Harvard. They have an excellent podiatry department with residents. I hope this helps you.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

BrianG on 11/26/02 at 19:00 (101211)

Hi Kathy,

Mass General was in on the original Dornier trials. It was run by the orthopaedic surgical department, by Dr. George Theodore. I would think Ma Gen would be as good, if not better, than any other place in this area. But, I'm not speaking from experience. I belong to an HMO, and do not have that choice (to go to Boston). I had to go to Worcester, to the old St V.'s for my second opinion. The rat hole is now closed (since the new medical city was built in Worcester). I think the idea of a 2nd opinion is a good one.

Regards
BrianG, not a doc

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 11/26/02 at 20:43 (101215)

Hi Brian:

I did an externship when I was in my fourth year at Cambridge at Harvard. They have an excellent podiatry department with residents. I hope this helps you.

Dr. John Cozzarelli