Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

~~Back from my trip~~

Posted by Necee on 11/27/02 at 02:07 (101234)

Well, I took a much needed vacation. My hubby and I headed for the Texas hill country last week. We spent a week relaxing and enjoying the simple things in life. We rented this cute little secluded log cabin for 2 days. Would you believe I hiked up a mountain! Of course I could never have done that without my Birks!!
We drove the backroads and stopped in every little town along the way. Of course I had to browse in every antique shop we came across. The scenery in the Texas hill country is awesome, we saw hundreds of deer, some wild turkeys, and racoons. Lucky for us, there was a meteor shower predicted for Tues night, of course we had to get up at 4am to see it, but it was well worth the effort, meteors were streaking across the dark Texas sky by the hundreds. For me that was a special treat, because I love to star gaze.
It's amazing how getting away for a few days refreshes and renews the mind and soul.

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: ~~Back from my trip~~

Suzanne D on 11/27/02 at 07:55 (101241)

Good for you, Necee! That is wonderful that you were able to get away for awhile and that you had such a nice time. I've been thinking of you while you were gone.

Now that school is out for Thanksgiving, I'll get those inserts boxed up and sent to you like I promised. We cannot use our e-mail at all during this week as work is being done on the server, so I'll just tell you here.

I've been boxing up things in my classroom - 55 boxes to date - and still lots more to go! But when I left at 4:15 yesterday, I promised myself I wouldn't go back in the room until next Monday. I need to spend time with my family and not stay in that room all through the break!

My children at school asked if we were still going to have a Christmas tree - what with all the packing going on for our move on Monday, Dec. 23 after getting out the Friday before. I promised them that we would surely have the tree, and I left out all my Christmas books. We will decorate amid the boxes!

Glad to have you back.
Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 11/27/02 at 08:19 (101242)

What a wonderful vacation, Necee!

I looked for the meteor shower here in New Orleans, but there was too much light here for me to see much. How exciting that you got to see it from such an ideal place. I do vividly remember seeing a huge meteor shower in the summer of 1959, give or take a year. I was at summer camp in Vermont, and our counselor took us to the top of a small mountain for an overnight hike. She didn't tell us about the meteor shower, and it was such a wonderful surprise. :)

Congratulations on hiking up the mountain! I'm glad you could wear your Birkenstocks for that and that they didn't slip off too much.

Carole C

Re: Necee I am so glad,I am back online I dont have any of my friends on as it is all new

Tammie on 11/27/02 at 13:34 (101257)

Oh how I envy you, It sounds like a fresh and free from all,and full of nature and the stars!!

Did you sleep under the stars? I remember as a kid we did alot we would take our horses and sleep by a pond back of our house . It was not to far as my parents could see us. Oh my you brought my memories back , those were definitly good!

I am back on line (I hope)!!! You take care Necee! We have to find some time to chat, I am off for 6 weeks, Medical leave! I have had to call off a whole week as I could not get out of bed even pushing my self, so I did not work and seen my docs who agree it is time to take a leave to get me back together as they think I have to much depression, I asked if they would have depression if in my condidition, they said well we have so many meds to help, so they changed that.

I have some fluid in my knee, and something I am not sure but I think it is something either bone detereation or osetporice? Spelling error sorry I am unsure of the spelling,Any ways he said I am to young for that. So whatever, he said the ortho may want to scope it ,and shoot it with a steriod. I am a bit leary as I wonder if it might effect the RSD?ButI shall see.

Also they are getting a MRI of my head to rule MS out, They did a bunch of blood work, Even those B vitiam test, and arthritis , all back great they did have to add to my thyroid as it was high so went up. But that is all,time is not the bad. I am growing to like it! So I shall be looking for you online as we do need our chat, been to long and now I have to much time on my hands! Take care and I am so glad you had a good time and that you are home safely! Talk soon!

Re: Finally, some well deserved rest !!

BrianG on 11/27/02 at 16:17 (101273)

Hi Tammie,

I'm happy to hear that your finally going to get some rest. It's been a long time coming, and I hope the down time will help you. Since the doctors are pushing for you to take the time off, try to be very honest with them. If it takes longer than 6 weeks, then so be it!! I'd hate to see you go back too soon, and end up going down again. This is your big chance to finally take the time to heal, I wish you the best!

Happy T-Day
BrianG

Necee on 11/28/02 at 01:05 (101306)

I agree with what Brian said! I hope that you can get some rest on your time away from work, and that we can find the time to chat, I really have missed you! I'm off work until Dec 5th, so hopefully we can find time to visit.
You hang in there gal, you've always been so positive and encouraging to others, so now its our turn to be there for you. We are always here, and many of us have very big shoulders.

Happy trails......

Necee

Suzanne D on 11/27/02 at 07:55 (101241)

Good for you, Necee! That is wonderful that you were able to get away for awhile and that you had such a nice time. I've been thinking of you while you were gone.

Now that school is out for Thanksgiving, I'll get those inserts boxed up and sent to you like I promised. We cannot use our e-mail at all during this week as work is being done on the server, so I'll just tell you here.

I've been boxing up things in my classroom - 55 boxes to date - and still lots more to go! But when I left at 4:15 yesterday, I promised myself I wouldn't go back in the room until next Monday. I need to spend time with my family and not stay in that room all through the break!

My children at school asked if we were still going to have a Christmas tree - what with all the packing going on for our move on Monday, Dec. 23 after getting out the Friday before. I promised them that we would surely have the tree, and I left out all my Christmas books. We will decorate amid the boxes!

Glad to have you back.
Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 11/27/02 at 08:19 (101242)

What a wonderful vacation, Necee!

I looked for the meteor shower here in New Orleans, but there was too much light here for me to see much. How exciting that you got to see it from such an ideal place. I do vividly remember seeing a huge meteor shower in the summer of 1959, give or take a year. I was at summer camp in Vermont, and our counselor took us to the top of a small mountain for an overnight hike. She didn't tell us about the meteor shower, and it was such a wonderful surprise. :)

Congratulations on hiking up the mountain! I'm glad you could wear your Birkenstocks for that and that they didn't slip off too much.

Carole C

Re: Necee I am so glad,I am back online I dont have any of my friends on as it is all new

Tammie on 11/27/02 at 13:34 (101257)

Oh how I envy you, It sounds like a fresh and free from all,and full of nature and the stars!!

Did you sleep under the stars? I remember as a kid we did alot we would take our horses and sleep by a pond back of our house . It was not to far as my parents could see us. Oh my you brought my memories back , those were definitly good!

I am back on line (I hope)!!! You take care Necee! We have to find some time to chat, I am off for 6 weeks, Medical leave! I have had to call off a whole week as I could not get out of bed even pushing my self, so I did not work and seen my docs who agree it is time to take a leave to get me back together as they think I have to much depression, I asked if they would have depression if in my condidition, they said well we have so many meds to help, so they changed that.

I have some fluid in my knee, and something I am not sure but I think it is something either bone detereation or osetporice? Spelling error sorry I am unsure of the spelling,Any ways he said I am to young for that. So whatever, he said the ortho may want to scope it ,and shoot it with a steriod. I am a bit leary as I wonder if it might effect the RSD?ButI shall see.

Also they are getting a MRI of my head to rule MS out, They did a bunch of blood work, Even those B vitiam test, and arthritis , all back great they did have to add to my thyroid as it was high so went up. But that is all,time is not the bad. I am growing to like it! So I shall be looking for you online as we do need our chat, been to long and now I have to much time on my hands! Take care and I am so glad you had a good time and that you are home safely! Talk soon!

BrianG on 11/27/02 at 16:17 (101273)

Hi Tammie,

I'm happy to hear that your finally going to get some rest. It's been a long time coming, and I hope the down time will help you. Since the doctors are pushing for you to take the time off, try to be very honest with them. If it takes longer than 6 weeks, then so be it!! I'd hate to see you go back too soon, and end up going down again. This is your big chance to finally take the time to heal, I wish you the best!

Happy T-Day
BrianG

Necee on 11/28/02 at 01:05 (101306)

I agree with what Brian said! I hope that you can get some rest on your time away from work, and that we can find the time to chat, I really have missed you! I'm off work until Dec 5th, so hopefully we can find time to visit.
You hang in there gal, you've always been so positive and encouraging to others, so now its our turn to be there for you. We are always here, and many of us have very big shoulders.

Happy trails......

Necee