Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS Surgery

Posted by Tammie on 11/27/02 at 14:10 (101264)

OK I have the reports from the lawyer about my surgeries! The surgery he did was weird but I am hoping that you might be able to help me. The Dr, who ttalked to me said that he really did not do the endoscopic he made a very small incision and went that way and put a camera in a small incicion on bottom of my foot! (that part she said is related to the endoscopic). I asked her how could he see with such a small area and how does he know if anything was encasing nerves or what have you? She said his report said there was something tightening them and he released that. I asked how can he prove that he did nothing wrong, and why did he not do any type of testing?

He did not mri,Xray,or no blood work, nothing ecept his eyes and feel! I asked how could he prove the second surgerie was needed. I am curious what otheres think? The attorny feels there is not much of a case, and he pretty well wraped himeself in the forms we signed. So I guess I live with the thoughts and knowledge of this who thing. I am learning how to use my cane and tho it is ugly I have decorated for Xmas, people look so they get a laugh and I dont feel embarresed!

Re: TTS Surgery

BrianG on 11/27/02 at 17:25 (101280)

Hi Tammie,

I have one question, then a suggestion. Is this the lawyer that wanted a retainer up front? I hope you haven't paid him a nickel, because it sounds like he hasn't really done his homework in your case!

And now the suggestion, have you contacted a lawyer who is an expert in foot problems and doctor's neglegence? There are a couple out there, and I think I mentioned them to you before. Go to: http://www.footlaw.com and have a look around. They will only charge you if you win your case, and they will then take their percentage.

Good luck
BrianG

wendyn on 11/27/02 at 22:43 (101298)

Tammie - how about going after the fact that he did a second surgery DESPITE the fact that you were showing all the symptoms of RSD?

Julie on 11/28/02 at 02:24 (101308)

Tammie, an attorney who thinks there is 'not much of a case' in your case really has to be lacking in knowledge! Brian is right. Do seek another, one who has lots of experience of foot problems.

Suzanne D on 11/30/02 at 09:57 (101491)

Yes, Tammie, all lawyers are not equal in their knowledge or their attention to matters. When my father died 15 ago, my mother retained a lawyer in the town to take care of things. She died, unexpectedly, 15 months later. He had basically not done his work - not changed accounts to just her name, etc., which caused us lots of difficulties. He kept saying 'It is just so unusual that they die back to back like this'. I thought 15 months was plenty of time for him to have done his work. It wasn't that large or complicated an estate. Also, my husband figured out that we were paying something twice - some deferred comp business - and wouldn't stop until he had a conference call with someone at the state office and the savings and loan, and it turned out he was right, and the lawyer had messed up - $3,000 that should not have had to pay.

So, while all this doesn't relate to your case, it came to mind, and I wanted to point it out to just say again that your lawyer may not have done his work well enough, and I would certainly seek out someone else who, as Brian suggested, will take the case without any money up front. Then you won't lose anything but some time with him. And you might gain a lot.

I hope you can find another lawyer, Tammie, and I hope that the rest you mentioned in a former post is helping you.

Take care! I think of you often and hope things will get better for you.

Suzanne :-)

Tammie on 12/02/02 at 19:25 (101617)

Good Question, I am so angry with this whole thing! This law firm is supposed to be great? They have never seen me or talked in person! On the phone and it is always conference with otheres listening and talking . You know In my won mind I believe that I had already showed symtoms of this RSD before my second surgery and he chose either to ignore them or maybe really did not know enough about it to see it himself. I have no answers. Acording to the lawyer, all of the papers I signed stated how I was to heal and how I do not hold them responsible if I do not follow there instructions to the tee. Unfortuantly I then nut case (humor) I hope,Did not do this perfectly! Therefore I made NO case for them.

But then I have to say, after the second surgery he was rushing me to go back to work often saying the ins. I had was going to start questioning him to the leghth of stay. I said well I need to be sure it is healed before I go. He kinda pushed that to send me back but on very strict work.

That got bad as work put me reg. working and I started having it pretty badly, was it do to my working or was it do to the awful pain of rsd? I do not have truthful answers to thease qustions. Another hook, I see in the newspaper he has the shock therapy,stating how sugery is very bad but this is wonderful and safe. I about gagged as he pushed surgery and I know this , but well since I dont have any proof I am afraid it is going to be dropped. Thanks for the input! All of yous. Any thoughts of how I can let this drop or if I am right to keep looking.

Tammie on 12/02/02 at 19:36 (101619)

Yes Brian, but he waved that he said. I just dont know Brian he really says I more or less wrecked any chance of a case by not abiding totaly with hei wishes. That his case seem all in the right way, I just have a sinking feeling that this is going to fade to the bottom of the deepest lake.

If I am in the wrong I will acept my stupid ness and let it go . But if he really did or had any way helped this to become a case and negligent, I need to know he treats at the min several cases,I have been waiting 2 hours after I got there for appt. and they have like 4 or 5 other offices' I just want to protect any others from this happening. I mean look how many cases can you keep up with and how many offices and surgeries was he doing at that time? I have a million questions and I feel so badly that this ismy fault but I do not believe this I just need some brains to prove it! Any offers? Thanks for caring and will check it out ?

Re: Time to do whats right !!!

BrianG on 12/04/02 at 21:01 (101807)

Tammie, it's up to you, if you want your case to sink to the bottom of the lake, no one else!!! Personally if it was me, I'd call your lawyer, tell him he that is fired and to send all your records back to you. Send an e-mail to http://www.footlaw.com and see if they will take your case. They are experts, they know malpractice when they see it. Whats it going to cost you, the price of sending your records to their office, less than $10 !!!! For less than $10 are you going to let you case just disappear?? I hope not...

BrianG

BrianG on 11/27/02 at 17:25 (101280)

Hi Tammie,

I have one question, then a suggestion. Is this the lawyer that wanted a retainer up front? I hope you haven't paid him a nickel, because it sounds like he hasn't really done his homework in your case!

And now the suggestion, have you contacted a lawyer who is an expert in foot problems and doctor's neglegence? There are a couple out there, and I think I mentioned them to you before. Go to: http://www.footlaw.com and have a look around. They will only charge you if you win your case, and they will then take their percentage.

Good luck
BrianG

wendyn on 11/27/02 at 22:43 (101298)

Tammie - how about going after the fact that he did a second surgery DESPITE the fact that you were showing all the symptoms of RSD?

Julie on 11/28/02 at 02:24 (101308)

Tammie, an attorney who thinks there is 'not much of a case' in your case really has to be lacking in knowledge! Brian is right. Do seek another, one who has lots of experience of foot problems.

Suzanne D on 11/30/02 at 09:57 (101491)

Yes, Tammie, all lawyers are not equal in their knowledge or their attention to matters. When my father died 15 ago, my mother retained a lawyer in the town to take care of things. She died, unexpectedly, 15 months later. He had basically not done his work - not changed accounts to just her name, etc., which caused us lots of difficulties. He kept saying 'It is just so unusual that they die back to back like this'. I thought 15 months was plenty of time for him to have done his work. It wasn't that large or complicated an estate. Also, my husband figured out that we were paying something twice - some deferred comp business - and wouldn't stop until he had a conference call with someone at the state office and the savings and loan, and it turned out he was right, and the lawyer had messed up - $3,000 that should not have had to pay.

So, while all this doesn't relate to your case, it came to mind, and I wanted to point it out to just say again that your lawyer may not have done his work well enough, and I would certainly seek out someone else who, as Brian suggested, will take the case without any money up front. Then you won't lose anything but some time with him. And you might gain a lot.

I hope you can find another lawyer, Tammie, and I hope that the rest you mentioned in a former post is helping you.

Take care! I think of you often and hope things will get better for you.

Suzanne :-)

Tammie on 12/02/02 at 19:25 (101617)

Good Question, I am so angry with this whole thing! This law firm is supposed to be great? They have never seen me or talked in person! On the phone and it is always conference with otheres listening and talking . You know In my won mind I believe that I had already showed symtoms of this RSD before my second surgery and he chose either to ignore them or maybe really did not know enough about it to see it himself. I have no answers. Acording to the lawyer, all of the papers I signed stated how I was to heal and how I do not hold them responsible if I do not follow there instructions to the tee. Unfortuantly I then nut case (humor) I hope,Did not do this perfectly! Therefore I made NO case for them.

But then I have to say, after the second surgery he was rushing me to go back to work often saying the ins. I had was going to start questioning him to the leghth of stay. I said well I need to be sure it is healed before I go. He kinda pushed that to send me back but on very strict work.

That got bad as work put me reg. working and I started having it pretty badly, was it do to my working or was it do to the awful pain of rsd? I do not have truthful answers to thease qustions. Another hook, I see in the newspaper he has the shock therapy,stating how sugery is very bad but this is wonderful and safe. I about gagged as he pushed surgery and I know this , but well since I dont have any proof I am afraid it is going to be dropped. Thanks for the input! All of yous. Any thoughts of how I can let this drop or if I am right to keep looking.

Tammie on 12/02/02 at 19:36 (101619)

Yes Brian, but he waved that he said. I just dont know Brian he really says I more or less wrecked any chance of a case by not abiding totaly with hei wishes. That his case seem all in the right way, I just have a sinking feeling that this is going to fade to the bottom of the deepest lake.

If I am in the wrong I will acept my stupid ness and let it go . But if he really did or had any way helped this to become a case and negligent, I need to know he treats at the min several cases,I have been waiting 2 hours after I got there for appt. and they have like 4 or 5 other offices' I just want to protect any others from this happening. I mean look how many cases can you keep up with and how many offices and surgeries was he doing at that time? I have a million questions and I feel so badly that this ismy fault but I do not believe this I just need some brains to prove it! Any offers? Thanks for caring and will check it out ?

Re: Time to do whats right !!!

BrianG on 12/04/02 at 21:01 (101807)

Tammie, it's up to you, if you want your case to sink to the bottom of the lake, no one else!!! Personally if it was me, I'd call your lawyer, tell him he that is fired and to send all your records back to you. Send an e-mail to http://www.footlaw.com and see if they will take your case. They are experts, they know malpractice when they see it. Whats it going to cost you, the price of sending your records to their office, less than $10 !!!! For less than $10 are you going to let you case just disappear?? I hope not...

BrianG