Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New question for Dr Z.

Posted by Cherie on 11/27/02 at 14:45 (101266)

I wanted to ask you a little more about the pain I am experiencing post Ossatron. You told me that it may take up to a month for the severe tingling, burning and numbness to go away. It seems to have gotten worse in the last couple of days with lots of VERY sharp stabbing pains in my arch, big toe and ball of my foot. Could this be the feeling trying to return. It is so sudden and painful and often. I have one more week of physical therapy, they are doing the shocking and ultrasound. Any suggestions, I know that it is very early, but you cannot imagine how unbearable this has been. You said that you had seen this before, does my case sound typical...Thanks so much.

Re: New question for Dr Z.

Dr. Z on 11/27/02 at 15:32 (101267)

It sounds like the posterior tibial nerve is injured. ( not permament) I would give you take a medrol dose packet. Contrasts baths. Alot of hydrotherapy. . Really hard to know if this is the nerve without seeing you. But the dose packet is what I would do. In addition I would place you in a boot cast and maybe even a hard cast.

Cherie on 11/27/02 at 18:22 (101285)

Thanks so much. Tell me how to inform my podiatrist of this information without overstepping my bounds. I know that lots of drs do not appreciate being told how to treat their patients. I asked him for a boot and he said no and I know that it would help me walk. I have one that was used for a sprained ankle, are they all the same??? Thanks again, I really appreciate your input...Cherie

Dr. Z on 11/27/02 at 19:20 (101288)

I don't know how you can do this. May be time for a new doctor if you are in severe foot pain and nothing is being done

Dr. Z on 11/27/02 at 15:32 (101267)

It sounds like the posterior tibial nerve is injured. ( not permament) I would give you take a medrol dose packet. Contrasts baths. Alot of hydrotherapy. . Really hard to know if this is the nerve without seeing you. But the dose packet is what I would do. In addition I would place you in a boot cast and maybe even a hard cast.

Cherie on 11/27/02 at 18:22 (101285)

Thanks so much. Tell me how to inform my podiatrist of this information without overstepping my bounds. I know that lots of drs do not appreciate being told how to treat their patients. I asked him for a boot and he said no and I know that it would help me walk. I have one that was used for a sprained ankle, are they all the same??? Thanks again, I really appreciate your input...Cherie

Dr. Z on 11/27/02 at 19:20 (101288)

I don't know how you can do this. May be time for a new doctor if you are in severe foot pain and nothing is being done