Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Multiple foot injuries - Active Athlete

Posted by Sara W. on 11/28/02 at 16:41 (101352)

I am an extremely active dancer/model/personal trainer/top ranked fitness competitor who has been diagnosed with a fallen arch, two bones spurs, and a fracture of the calcaneus (now healed) all on the left foot. (I just finished my last national show of the year with a 3rd place finish overall and a 2nd place in the routine round.) After months of pain, tape, padding, custom orthotics, it is time to find proper treatment. Now that my competition season is finished, it is time to have my foot 'fixed'. My current doctor suggested the shock wave therapy because it is less invasive with less downtime. My lifestyle doesn't allow for much rest. If you know of any reputable doctors on the West Coast or at least mid-America region, please let me know asap.

Sincerely,
Sara

Re: Multiple foot injuries - Active Athlete

Rachael T. on 11/30/02 at 17:26 (101518)

I too, have had an active lifestyle (I was a dancer for many years too!) but for the past 20 years I am a competitive, professional horse trainer & after 1 & 1/2 years with PF - foot & heel pain & I too, found it a good idea to do the ESWT treatment. I believe that 1 ESWT treatment was somewhat helpful - but not enough....I continue to do the conservative treatments (ice, jacuzzi, rest, elevation, taping, injections, orthotics, change of shoes, etc) .... & still, day to day is an ongoing battle w/ my feet! Truly - it doesn't just get ' fixed' - I wish it were that easy. I wish you well & hope that your time now to fix your feet works & if so, lend me your secret. Yes, there are some fairly good days - but not days like before PF, at least not for me yet!

jimmy r on 12/01/02 at 07:19 (101534)

WHERE IS MOST OF YOUR PAIN NOW LOCATED

Rachael T. on 11/30/02 at 17:26 (101518)

I too, have had an active lifestyle (I was a dancer for many years too!) but for the past 20 years I am a competitive, professional horse trainer & after 1 & 1/2 years with PF - foot & heel pain & I too, found it a good idea to do the ESWT treatment. I believe that 1 ESWT treatment was somewhat helpful - but not enough....I continue to do the conservative treatments (ice, jacuzzi, rest, elevation, taping, injections, orthotics, change of shoes, etc) .... & still, day to day is an ongoing battle w/ my feet! Truly - it doesn't just get ' fixed' - I wish it were that easy. I wish you well & hope that your time now to fix your feet works & if so, lend me your secret. Yes, there are some fairly good days - but not days like before PF, at least not for me yet!

jimmy r on 12/01/02 at 07:19 (101534)

WHERE IS MOST OF YOUR PAIN NOW LOCATED