Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

duck tape wrap

Posted by zelmaA on 11/29/02 at 16:03 (101429)

Hi folks, Since I have been diagnosed with plantar facitis, I was told to buy new fitting shoes and the $350.00 insert. I have no money and no insurance so I have been using over the counter treatments and shoe inserts. I wanted to dance so bad one evening that I wrapped my foot (instep) around then taped one piece of duck tape around heel than went dancing. Every time I sat down the pain would come back. Of course I had taken my 4 pills ea. of vitamin e, c, and two calcium to lessen the pain plus my Ibpropen 400. That night I kept the duck tape on so my foot would not trob all night as usual, I didn't have to wake up all night with foot pain my foot was not swollen inthe morning, and I did not feel the pain when I stood up on it. If you want to try this method let me know how it works for you. thanks for this message board. zelma

Re: duck tape wrap

BrianG on 11/29/02 at 21:29 (101457)

Hi Zelma,

I can remember at least one other person who used duct tape on their feet / heels. I think they were using the traditional 2 strips, right down the bottom of the foot, ending at the back of the heel. As long as it did't stretch, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I know that I personally, would have to be very carfeul peeling it off. It's not really something, I would just want to just rip off at the end of the day. It sticks better than most, and could really pull off some skin, if a person wasn't careful.

Good luck with it
BrianG

Re: duck tape wrap

BrianG on 11/29/02 at 21:29 (101457)

Hi Zelma,

I can remember at least one other person who used duct tape on their feet / heels. I think they were using the traditional 2 strips, right down the bottom of the foot, ending at the back of the heel. As long as it did't stretch, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I know that I personally, would have to be very carfeul peeling it off. It's not really something, I would just want to just rip off at the end of the day. It sticks better than most, and could really pull off some skin, if a person wasn't careful.

Good luck with it
BrianG