Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How to cure plantar fasciitis

Posted by Beti B on 12/01/02 at 19:34 (101567)

I have recently been inflicted with plantar fasciitis. The infliction, I believe, is a result of my recent pregnancy. I gained 45 lbs. Although, I've lost 30 lbs. of it so far, I have been walking bare foot on my hard wood floors carrying my baby for the past 11 weeks. I weigh 145 lbs. and am 38 years old. I know that I have plantar fasciitis from all my research on the internet. I also have very severe bunions, which causes me to walk incorrectly and which probably attributed to the problem.

I can hobble around the house by wearing shoes and taping my bad foot. But my question is: How do I cure my plantar fasciitis for good?

Re: How to cure plantar fasciitis

Dr. Z on 12/01/02 at 21:32 (101570)

First of all . No bare feet. Have you seen a podiatrist. What treatments have you tried. Read the heel pain book. This can be helpful. Proper shoe gear, taping nsaid. An evaluation by a podiatrist now instead of later is very important

Amber M on 12/04/02 at 09:29 (101746)

Just wanted to mention that I feel my PF is due to my weight gain during my pregnancy too! All these foot problems started to occur during my 3rd pregnancy!

Dr. Z on 12/01/02 at 21:32 (101570)

First of all . No bare feet. Have you seen a podiatrist. What treatments have you tried. Read the heel pain book. This can be helpful. Proper shoe gear, taping nsaid. An evaluation by a podiatrist now instead of later is very important

Amber M on 12/04/02 at 09:29 (101746)

Just wanted to mention that I feel my PF is due to my weight gain during my pregnancy too! All these foot problems started to occur during my 3rd pregnancy!