Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Kari B - good luck for surgery tomorrow

Posted by carynz on 12/02/02 at 10:47 (101591)

hi Kari.

Just looking at my calendar and thinking tomorrow is Dec 3rd and y ou will be having your surgery. Hope you aren't too nervous going into this and that all goes well with the procedure. I took the liberty of printing your outline of treatment plan so that I have something to go on when I see yet another surgeon for my own consultation. I was able to get an appt. for this Thursday Dec 5 with a doctor in Vancouver that Dr. Ed Davis recommended (off the ask doctors site) and he is able to see me for a surgical consultation and then will go from there I guess.

Will look forward to hearing from you here once you are ready to share with all of us.

Thinking of you,

Cheers Carynz

Re: Yes, good luck to you! (nm)

Sharon W on 12/02/02 at 11:22 (101595)

Re: Kari B - good luck for surgery tomorrow

Kari B on 12/02/02 at 15:24 (101602)

Caryn and Sharon,
Thank you so much for the well wishes!! I am so nervous today I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep tonight. I'm getting everything ready for my recovery... gathering extra pillows and blankets for elevating, bought a book for reading, going to buy frozen peas this afternoon for icing, and trying my best to do some relaxation techniques. The minutes just seem to be inching by... I will definitely be glad to have it all over with and will post here as soon as I possibly can afterwards. My laptop will be moved to my bedroom tonight so that I can keep up on email and such. Thanks for all the wonderful support from everyone on this board. I'm not so sure I could have gotten through the last few months (and kept my sanity intact) without all of you! Again thank you!!
Kari

Laurie R on 12/02/02 at 16:57 (101608)

Sooy I posted my post and did not see this one ...... Good luck again .....

Re: Yes, Kari, good wishes coming your way...

Suzanne D on 12/02/02 at 19:14 (101616)

I will be remembering you as you have your surgery tomorrow, Kari. I know you are nervous ~ and I think that is perfectly normal ~ but I hope it helps to know that many good wishes are going your way. We will be anxious to hear how it goes for you.

I was able to finally get into my e-mail and read your message this afternoon. Then I had to take my daughter to dance class and just got home. I will write to you in the next day or so; I haven't forgotten!

Take care, and may God be with you.
Suzanne :-)

Tammie on 12/02/02 at 19:26 (101618)

My prayers are with you our friend!! remember only good thoughts and sleep alot! You will have a whole lot of people thinking about u! Good luck and relax!

Julie on 12/03/02 at 03:24 (101632)

As I write you're still asleep (I hope!) and I'm wishing you all the very best for your surgery and your healing.

Re: Yes, good luck to you! (nm)

Sharon W on 12/02/02 at 11:22 (101595)

Kari B on 12/02/02 at 15:24 (101602)

Caryn and Sharon,
Thank you so much for the well wishes!! I am so nervous today I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep tonight. I'm getting everything ready for my recovery... gathering extra pillows and blankets for elevating, bought a book for reading, going to buy frozen peas this afternoon for icing, and trying my best to do some relaxation techniques. The minutes just seem to be inching by... I will definitely be glad to have it all over with and will post here as soon as I possibly can afterwards. My laptop will be moved to my bedroom tonight so that I can keep up on email and such. Thanks for all the wonderful support from everyone on this board. I'm not so sure I could have gotten through the last few months (and kept my sanity intact) without all of you! Again thank you!!
Kari

Laurie R on 12/02/02 at 16:57 (101608)

Sooy I posted my post and did not see this one ...... Good luck again .....

Suzanne D on 12/02/02 at 19:14 (101616)

I will be remembering you as you have your surgery tomorrow, Kari. I know you are nervous ~ and I think that is perfectly normal ~ but I hope it helps to know that many good wishes are going your way. We will be anxious to hear how it goes for you.

I was able to finally get into my e-mail and read your message this afternoon. Then I had to take my daughter to dance class and just got home. I will write to you in the next day or so; I haven't forgotten!

Take care, and may God be with you.
Suzanne :-)

Tammie on 12/02/02 at 19:26 (101618)

My prayers are with you our friend!! remember only good thoughts and sleep alot! You will have a whole lot of people thinking about u! Good luck and relax!

Julie on 12/03/02 at 03:24 (101632)

As I write you're still asleep (I hope!) and I'm wishing you all the very best for your surgery and your healing.