Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Toe speaders help?

Posted by DanielleO on 12/03/02 at 00:37 (101630)

I was wondering if the use of such foam toe spreaders is actually beneficial or harmful to the foot. My boyfriend uses these constantly, but when I tried it just hurt. I have history of plantar fasciitis, bone spur, and metatasel fracture as well(possible nerve impingment, pain never goes away) You comment on this would be much appreciated!

Re: Toe speaders help?

Ed Davis, DPM on 12/07/02 at 19:33 (102154)

Danielle:
What is he using toe spreaders for? It is unlikely that such a device would benefit the problems you listed.
Ed

Re: Toe spreaders help?

DanielleO on 12/07/02 at 20:33 (102161)

He just thinks it's good to strech the toes out. I've tried it but was pretty uncomfortable. So it's not beneficial to the feet? The instructions say it's good for circulation or something. Is it harmful at all??

Re: Toe speaders help?

Ed Davis, DPM on 12/07/02 at 19:33 (102154)

Danielle:
What is he using toe spreaders for? It is unlikely that such a device would benefit the problems you listed.
Ed

Re: Toe spreaders help?

DanielleO on 12/07/02 at 20:33 (102161)

He just thinks it's good to strech the toes out. I've tried it but was pretty uncomfortable. So it's not beneficial to the feet? The instructions say it's good for circulation or something. Is it harmful at all??