Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS vs. PF

Posted by David G. on 12/03/02 at 15:22 (101680)

Has anyone thought they've had chronic PF for years, only to find out they had TTS instead? If so, did you get relief from the procedure?

Re: TTS vs. PF

monte on 12/03/02 at 15:55 (101685)

can you have TTS even with a negative nerve test and Tinels exam?

i don't have the morning pain, but rather overall sole of the feet pains. As i stand...it starts to feel like a rolling pin is under my foot just forward of the heel where the archs begin....even with othotics.

i have not tingling or numbness.

how about you

David G. on 12/03/02 at 15:59 (101686)

very similar, no real morning pain just overall 'arch' pain. i've been treated for pf for 20 years. a doctor today, for the first time said it sounded more like TTS than PF. i've tried every treatment imaginable, surgery, ESWT (which worked on the first try but had a setback on the second treatment). i'm going for an emg and nerve conduction study in 2 weeks.

monte on 12/03/02 at 16:00 (101687)

write to me at my email address

Amber M on 12/04/02 at 09:22 (101745)

I am beside myself! I have been experiencing pain in my feet (what I thought was PF) for 3 years now, since being pregnant with my 3rd son! I started seeing a podiatrist and have now been diagnosed with PF, Morton's neuroma, bunions, heel spurs and NOW TTS! I am going for a nerve conduction study next week and then possibly surgery!

J. King on 12/07/02 at 21:28 (102174)

Don't have the surgery. It could be much worse. These doctors don't know what there doing. It is your foot they are cutting on. They are slicing into soft tissue. Be careful. They cannot unslice you later. Read about the results of TTS surgery.

monte on 12/03/02 at 15:55 (101685)

can you have TTS even with a negative nerve test and Tinels exam?

i don't have the morning pain, but rather overall sole of the feet pains. As i stand...it starts to feel like a rolling pin is under my foot just forward of the heel where the archs begin....even with othotics.

i have not tingling or numbness.

how about you

David G. on 12/03/02 at 15:59 (101686)

very similar, no real morning pain just overall 'arch' pain. i've been treated for pf for 20 years. a doctor today, for the first time said it sounded more like TTS than PF. i've tried every treatment imaginable, surgery, ESWT (which worked on the first try but had a setback on the second treatment). i'm going for an emg and nerve conduction study in 2 weeks.

monte on 12/03/02 at 16:00 (101687)

write to me at my email address

Amber M on 12/04/02 at 09:22 (101745)

I am beside myself! I have been experiencing pain in my feet (what I thought was PF) for 3 years now, since being pregnant with my 3rd son! I started seeing a podiatrist and have now been diagnosed with PF, Morton's neuroma, bunions, heel spurs and NOW TTS! I am going for a nerve conduction study next week and then possibly surgery!

J. King on 12/07/02 at 21:28 (102174)

Don't have the surgery. It could be much worse. These doctors don't know what there doing. It is your foot they are cutting on. They are slicing into soft tissue. Be careful. They cannot unslice you later. Read about the results of TTS surgery.