Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Another doctor question!

Posted by Cherie on 12/03/02 at 18:28 (101704)

Dr.Z,
I know you wish I would quit asking all these questions about my problem, but you seem to be the only one listening to me. It as been 3.5 wks since my Ossatron and I'm still having the numbness and pain. I asked my physical therapist to do the contrast baths and hydrotherapy on Monday, so thanks so much for that. You and the other doctor said it would take a month for this to subside and I'm a few days away from a month, so I'm getting pretty nervous. The numbness in the ball of my foot as completely moved to the joint under my big toe and my toe. It is SO painful to walk and I notice that it is a little bigger in this area. My doctor called me today to see how I was doing and he said he had no idea what was causing the pain and I needed to go to a pain mgmt clinic. Any thoughts?? I don't want pain mgmt, I want someone to tell me what's wrong. You have seen this before?? Please tell me anything....Thanks so much

Re: Another doctor question!

Dr. Z on 12/03/02 at 19:03 (101708)

Don't worry about asking questions we are here to help you !!. Are you having the same level of pain? I really think this is some level of injury to the posterior tibial nerve. You need someone to examine you very carefully. You need to be either off your feet or in a cast.

Try to gauge and tell me if you have had any level of decrease pain at all. This is very important

Cherie on 12/03/02 at 19:55 (101714)

I do believe that I have had some decrease in pain. I do not have the constant shocking to my toes evey step I take. The pain seems to have moved from the ball of my foot, it does not really hurt any more. It mainly hurts at teh

Cherie on 12/03/02 at 19:57 (101715)

Sorry, I didn't finish. The pain has moved to the joint below my Big toe and the toe itself. It seems a little swollen. I asked my doctor about a boot today and he didn't reply. I'm just so worried that this is permanent. I can't stand taking all this medicine to relieve the pain and to be able to sleep.

Cherie on 12/03/02 at 20:11 (101716)

Alos, lots of pressure just under my big toe. I did do the heavy duty physical therapy yesterday and exercized my foot quite a bit. Could this have caused all this pain today?

Dr. Z on 12/04/02 at 19:55 (101802)

This is good. It may take additional time. Continue Physical Therapy. Ionophorsis may help you. Hydrotherapy is very good. Medrol dose packet and boot cast of some kind

Ed Davis, DPM on 12/05/02 at 16:42 (101877)

I second the opinion on the Medrol dosepack -- definitely worth a try.
Ed

Dr. Z on 12/03/02 at 19:03 (101708)

Don't worry about asking questions we are here to help you !!. Are you having the same level of pain? I really think this is some level of injury to the posterior tibial nerve. You need someone to examine you very carefully. You need to be either off your feet or in a cast.

Try to gauge and tell me if you have had any level of decrease pain at all. This is very important

Cherie on 12/03/02 at 19:55 (101714)

I do believe that I have had some decrease in pain. I do not have the constant shocking to my toes evey step I take. The pain seems to have moved from the ball of my foot, it does not really hurt any more. It mainly hurts at teh

Cherie on 12/03/02 at 19:57 (101715)

Sorry, I didn't finish. The pain has moved to the joint below my Big toe and the toe itself. It seems a little swollen. I asked my doctor about a boot today and he didn't reply. I'm just so worried that this is permanent. I can't stand taking all this medicine to relieve the pain and to be able to sleep.

Cherie on 12/03/02 at 20:11 (101716)

Alos, lots of pressure just under my big toe. I did do the heavy duty physical therapy yesterday and exercized my foot quite a bit. Could this have caused all this pain today?

Dr. Z on 12/04/02 at 19:55 (101802)

This is good. It may take additional time. Continue Physical Therapy. Ionophorsis may help you. Hydrotherapy is very good. Medrol dose packet and boot cast of some kind

Ed Davis, DPM on 12/05/02 at 16:42 (101877)

I second the opinion on the Medrol dosepack -- definitely worth a try.
Ed