Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My arches are getting higher?

Posted by JJC on 12/04/02 at 07:03 (101734)

I could be just imagining it. I've had foot pain for over 4 years.
The docs still can't figure it out. They are not convinced I have
PF. A neuro study ruled out any neuro involvement (NCV). My feet
hurt/ache to walk/stand. I look at my arches and wonder if they
look like they are getting higher. They are pretty high.
I've read about Charcot Foot
and Charcot Tooth. Could I have one of these but not have any
neuro symptoms? No family history of foot/neuro problems.

Re: My arches are getting higher?

D.Thomas on 12/04/02 at 08:39 (101741)

JJC,

I have extremely high arches and have had foot pain on and off for about 8 years. I have been diagnosed with PF. The pain up to two years ago would come on when I would stay on my feet for any period of time. The pain has always been in the medial arch of both feet. Almost two years ago the pain started to get really bad and hasn't gone away. They hurt all the time now. It is because the pain has become chronic and the inflamation really never goes away. PF can get really bad. I think some doctors think if it doesn't go away with ice, a shot, or orthotics, then it isn't PF. I am not saying you have PF, all I am saying is that PF is a monster that has many forms and degrees of pain.

JJC on 12/04/02 at 10:16 (101757)

I've never read (heard) of PF getting this bad.
I cannot walk more than 20 steps and I start to hurt/limp.
I gave up trying to walk around the block / grocery shop.
I use a wheelchair frequently. Kind of used to it.
Never heard of someone w/PF using a wheelchair routinely.
Thanks.

D.Thomas on 12/04/02 at 08:39 (101741)

JJC,

I have extremely high arches and have had foot pain on and off for about 8 years. I have been diagnosed with PF. The pain up to two years ago would come on when I would stay on my feet for any period of time. The pain has always been in the medial arch of both feet. Almost two years ago the pain started to get really bad and hasn't gone away. They hurt all the time now. It is because the pain has become chronic and the inflamation really never goes away. PF can get really bad. I think some doctors think if it doesn't go away with ice, a shot, or orthotics, then it isn't PF. I am not saying you have PF, all I am saying is that PF is a monster that has many forms and degrees of pain.

JJC on 12/04/02 at 10:16 (101757)

I've never read (heard) of PF getting this bad.
I cannot walk more than 20 steps and I start to hurt/limp.
I gave up trying to walk around the block / grocery shop.
I use a wheelchair frequently. Kind of used to it.
Never heard of someone w/PF using a wheelchair routinely.
Thanks.