Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bayshore ESWT-- 2 weeks post treatment

Posted by Amy in Va Bch on 12/04/02 at 18:11 (101797)

Hi,

Just thought I would drop in again with a post treatment report. Everything is about the same, healing-wise. I do not have ANY pain after treatment at Bayshore Clinic. My treatments, for those who may not have read my posts took place from November14 - November 19, 2002.

Although I am not working I am more active than I have been since I was stricken wiht this malady in June 2001. I run errands, stand in line at the post office, drug store, etc...and it does not exacerbate my minimal heel discomfort. I wear my Birkinstocks (the ONLY thing I wear other than the occasional wearing of my New Balance tennis shoes). My VERY exagerrated limp is gone. I get up in the morning and out of habit I start to walk on the ball of my right foot. Haha. I guess old habits die hard. But after a couple of steps I remind myself that I need not do that anymore.

I do not break my neck slipping my feet immediately into my Birks first thing in the AM, but I do put them on shortly after arising from bed. What more can I say? No PAIN. Just no PAIN. There is a very little heel discomfort when I do too much walking in my errands. I don't push it. I go home and chill out. I am glad that I have that option. I really feel blessed and very thankful to Sunny Jacob and to Cori Liuzzi at Bayshore. I do expect continued improvement and I expect complete healing. I know I have the three month recovery phase to go through and I will be visiting the board to update you all.

I can only encourage you all to consider messaging Cori or Sunny about technical questions here at the board. Check out their website, email them or give them a call. It is worth the consideration. I am certainly glad about the choice I made. Good luck to you all here who suffer. I wish you all well.

Amy

Re: Bayshore ESWT-- 2 weeks post treatment

Julie on 12/05/02 at 02:31 (101813)

Amy, this is wonderful news, encouraging to all who are considering ESWT. It is very good of you to keep us updated, and I am very happy for you!

BrianG on 12/05/02 at 21:44 (101911)

Nice update, Amy. Just remember to take it easy for a few months. We don't want to see you posting the relapse blues!! :*)

Keep on healing
BrianG

Julie on 12/05/02 at 02:31 (101813)

Amy, this is wonderful news, encouraging to all who are considering ESWT. It is very good of you to keep us updated, and I am very happy for you!

BrianG on 12/05/02 at 21:44 (101911)

Nice update, Amy. Just remember to take it easy for a few months. We don't want to see you posting the relapse blues!! :*)

Keep on healing
BrianG