Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Monte

Posted by BrianJ on 12/04/02 at 22:26 (101808)

Monte --

Sorry the Dornier x2 didn't work for you. I had two treatments with the OssaTron and also one in Canada -- all with no change. Just as you and I discussed many months ago, our pain is virtually identical: (a) brought on by athletic activity on hard surface, (b)bilateral pain which causes morning stiffness, but not real 'pain' until later in the day, (c)pain much worse when standing in one place, (d)feeling of sensitivity and fragility throughout the soles of the feet, though strength and motor function are normal, and (e)all tests (X-rays, MRIs, blood, etc.) are normal. I would be interested in knowing what other folks on this site share these facts/symptoms.

Please keep in touch, as sooner or later one of us is going to find something that works. I truly believe that.

Re: To Monte

dave r on 12/05/02 at 07:11 (101824)

My symptoms are the same Brian...

john h on 12/05/02 at 16:54 (101881)

Brian: I did not realize you had two ossatron treatmens +! Your symptoms and the way it began are similar to mine except I have never got above a pain level of 5 ESWT did provide some help and there have been months where I stayed near pain level 1. Any serious activity which I am prone to do and a flareup occurs. Bike riding seems to be ok. Sometimes I can walk 3 miles and sometimes this caues a flareup (always the next day). Sometimes I can experience a flareup for no reason that I can pinpoint. Seems you had surgery? Is that correct?

BrianJ on 12/05/02 at 19:29 (101899)

John --

Yes, I had the 'Baxter' surgery about two months ago. It has not changed the pain level thus far, but I'm still hoping. I also had an EPF about two years ago, but that didn't help. Incidentally, I had both surgeries performed on the left foot, so I could always have a 'test' foot and a 'control' foot.

john h on 12/06/02 at 19:01 (102018)

Brian: I think you have a good 10 mothns to go to find out the results of this surgery. Good luck buddy.

dave r on 12/05/02 at 07:11 (101824)

My symptoms are the same Brian...

john h on 12/05/02 at 16:54 (101881)

Brian: I did not realize you had two ossatron treatmens +! Your symptoms and the way it began are similar to mine except I have never got above a pain level of 5 ESWT did provide some help and there have been months where I stayed near pain level 1. Any serious activity which I am prone to do and a flareup occurs. Bike riding seems to be ok. Sometimes I can walk 3 miles and sometimes this caues a flareup (always the next day). Sometimes I can experience a flareup for no reason that I can pinpoint. Seems you had surgery? Is that correct?

BrianJ on 12/05/02 at 19:29 (101899)

John --

Yes, I had the 'Baxter' surgery about two months ago. It has not changed the pain level thus far, but I'm still hoping. I also had an EPF about two years ago, but that didn't help. Incidentally, I had both surgeries performed on the left foot, so I could always have a 'test' foot and a 'control' foot.

john h on 12/06/02 at 19:01 (102018)

Brian: I think you have a good 10 mothns to go to find out the results of this surgery. Good luck buddy.