Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Farewell to Jade

Posted by Dr. Chris Reynolds on 12/05/02 at 05:39 (101817)

For the past year or so, I have expounded the virtues of Jade 168 Balm for PF on this site as I have elsewhere. It was not my product, but it's good stuff, it often works, and I still have a lot of faith in it.

Last year over a period of 6 months, I performed a pilot study via the internet with the assistance of 31 members of Heelspurs.com, receiving 100% response to questionnaires, for which I am very grateful.

The outcome of the trial, where around 60% of respondents enjoyed significant pain reduction was excellent considering the only active ingredient in the balm was a wheatgrass extract.

As a result of that pilot study, the Physiotherapy Department at Latrobe University in Melbourne in conjunction with a highly regarded New Zealand based pharmaceutical company have jointly funded a double-blind trial in 2003 using my version of wheatgrass cream.

Now, for various reasons, it is time to say goodbye to Jade. It has served many of you and my patients well. Nonetheless, the Jade website http://www.jade168balm.com
will be closed down permanently on 18 December.

But don't fret you Jade lovers, there is an excellent equivalent. This is called Wheatgrass Skin Recovery Cream - the only wheatgrass cream available. Just as good as Jade but you get more than twice as much for your money.

More info at http://www.wheatgrassactive.com

And for skeptics and non-believers, wheatgrass has been known as a powerful healing agent for thousands of years. For the science and therapeutic effects of wheatgrass, do a free download of Chapters 1 – 4 of ‘Cereal Grass: Nature's Greatest Health' Gift by Ron Seibold at
http://www.wheatgrass.com/introtowg/cgbook.html

or,
if you would like my own personal/professional view of the therapeutic virtues of wheatgrass, go to
http://www.hotkey.net.au/~jastmi/index.htm

All the best to everyone for Christmas and the New Year from downunder.

Re: Farewell to Jade

john h on 12/05/02 at 16:58 (101883)

Dr. Reynolds: I still use Jade and have two tubes I recently obtained from you. Thanks for giving it the old college effort. At best it seems to have helped some and at worst it is a great foot creame to massage your foot with. I think Wendy dubbed it Lemon Pledge and I like the smell.

Pauline on 12/05/02 at 18:15 (101896)

Dr. Reynolds,
It's like saying goodby to a good friend. I don't think anyone checked you and the cream out more than I did before I got my first tube. It really helped me. I look forward to your new product, and will be interested in the research that you mentioned. Please keep us posted. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and once again thanks for letting us know about the Jade Cream.

Re: Thank you

BrianG on 12/05/02 at 21:33 (101909)

Hi Dr. Reynolds,

I guess I'm in the 40% that wasn't helped by the Jade cream, but like everything else I've tried, I started using it with a positive outlook. I'm glad the majority of people were helped to some degree. For some it may have been the wheatgrass, others a placebo effect. Regardless, it did help them. I don't know if it was you who paid the $6.50 to send each tube via airmail, but I thought it was great to participate, at no cost to mself. It's probably the only thing I've been able to try, to get rid of my PF, that didn't cost me a dime! Thanks for your help, good luck with your practice.

Regards
BrianG

wendyn on 12/05/02 at 22:04 (101915)

You always think that was me John...I think it was Nancy who called it lemon pledge.

Julie on 12/06/02 at 02:18 (101928)

Chris, thank you for all the help you have given here. I was grateful for the opportunity to use Jade. I'm not sure whether or not it helped (one never knows exactly 'what worked' when using several treatment modalities) but my PF did resolve while I was using it, so let's give it some of the credit. I am still hoarding the third and final tube from the trial - just in case.

I hope you won't leave us entirely. Do look in now and then.

Thanks again, and very best wishes, Julie.

Re: That's right, Wendy, it was Nancy N.

Julie on 12/06/02 at 02:18 (101929)

BrianJ on 12/06/02 at 08:33 (101948)

Chris --

During World War II, my dad had occasion to spend some time in Australia. He said it was a wonderful place with wonderful people. You have certainly borne out the 'wonderful people' part. We appreciate the time and money you have devoted to helping us.

Have a good holiday season, and please keep in touch.

-- Brian

Kathy G on 12/06/02 at 08:37 (101950)

My son went to live in Australia for about three or four months. He has traveled a great deal and he said the Australian people were the nicest, friendliest people he ever met. His dream is to go back there again some time when he's not a kid just out of college and has a little more money to travel.

The whole Jade thing was new when I first came to the Boards and it's wonderful if it helped 60% of the people!

Dr. Z on 12/06/02 at 18:30 (102015)

I though it was Barbara S from Texas who came up with the name

john h on 12/06/02 at 19:05 (102020)

I am so confused Wendy as I have the two Nancy's botched up with one on DSL and one on 56K and still naming you as the Lemon Pledge lady. What is the vitimin that is good for the brain and memory? I do remember you do not like the picture Scott posted of you and you hounded him until he removed it. hounded is another word for nagged.

john h on 12/06/02 at 19:06 (102021)

Texas Barb will live in infamy for her creation of Dr. Heuy Lewi.

wendyn on 12/06/02 at 19:40 (102030)

Nagged is fine John.

I have a much newer picture that I keep meaning to send in, but I haven't gotten around to it. The other one is getting old - but I thought it gave a good picture of some interesting abnormal lower limb alignment.

We have a big party to go this weekend, so I will actually be dressed up. Maybe I'll have an updated picture taken.

I'm even wearing heels, which of course - I can't really walk in. Last year I wore my birks and brought a little cloth gift back with me. Just outside the banquet, I popped my birks into the bag and slipped on the pumps. I walked _very_ carefully to my seat and then I _sat_ as much as humanly possible. They are low heels, so not terribly dangerous. I refuse to wear birks to a semi-formal to formal party. I will just sit and be decorative.

john h on 12/07/02 at 09:48 (102062)

A lady in birks at a dress up/formal party certainly gets more attention from me than one in high heels. take that road less traveled.

Re: That's the stuff, John! eom

Julie on 12/07/02 at 12:02 (102080)

wendyn on 12/07/02 at 12:39 (102092)

John, the road less travelled tends to have more snow on it. I prefer to travel in the tire tracks of those who have gone before me.

nancy s. on 12/07/02 at 17:30 (102127)

john, as i catch up on today's postings, you've made so many wise ones that it was hard to choose which one to respond to. i chose this one, about the road less traveled.

first of all, i don't believe wendy's response for a minute. wendy, you're a very independent thinker.

and john, you are King for going for the woman in birks rather than high heels. you have the secret to sensuality, brains, humor, and non-robot instincts & mind. more power to you and your like.

nancy
p.s. i don't wear birks.
p.p.s. just kidding, of course. heh heh. and i'm not biased, either.

Nancy N on 12/08/02 at 19:58 (102296)

Sorry to disappoint, guys. It was TexBarb who dubbed herself 'Lemon Pledge Girl' in her trial page on this site, and it was her indeed who came up with the term, because she got her first tube and swore it smelled just like Lemon Pledge. I never used it, because I was healed (or healing nicely) by the time it became available.

Re: Huey Lewi

Nancy N on 12/08/02 at 20:02 (102297)

Huey Lewi was Barb's wonderful creation, indeed. I know I for one miss him, and I definitely miss his brilliant animator.

Lynda S. on 12/11/02 at 11:26 (102717)

Dr. Chris:

You know I was one of the people who the Jade helped. I still have 1-1/2 tubes left and will order from the new company when I am out of it. I was one who was very skeptical at first, having really found nothing but Birks that helped me. I was amazed at how quickly it worked on me. I thank you so much for the time and money you spent on this project and that I was one who was able to benefit from it.
All the best to you and your family this Christmas.

john h on 12/05/02 at 16:58 (101883)

Dr. Reynolds: I still use Jade and have two tubes I recently obtained from you. Thanks for giving it the old college effort. At best it seems to have helped some and at worst it is a great foot creame to massage your foot with. I think Wendy dubbed it Lemon Pledge and I like the smell.

Pauline on 12/05/02 at 18:15 (101896)

Dr. Reynolds,
It's like saying goodby to a good friend. I don't think anyone checked you and the cream out more than I did before I got my first tube. It really helped me. I look forward to your new product, and will be interested in the research that you mentioned. Please keep us posted. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and once again thanks for letting us know about the Jade Cream.

Re: Thank you

BrianG on 12/05/02 at 21:33 (101909)

Hi Dr. Reynolds,

I guess I'm in the 40% that wasn't helped by the Jade cream, but like everything else I've tried, I started using it with a positive outlook. I'm glad the majority of people were helped to some degree. For some it may have been the wheatgrass, others a placebo effect. Regardless, it did help them. I don't know if it was you who paid the $6.50 to send each tube via airmail, but I thought it was great to participate, at no cost to mself. It's probably the only thing I've been able to try, to get rid of my PF, that didn't cost me a dime! Thanks for your help, good luck with your practice.

Regards
BrianG

wendyn on 12/05/02 at 22:04 (101915)

You always think that was me John...I think it was Nancy who called it lemon pledge.

Julie on 12/06/02 at 02:18 (101928)

Chris, thank you for all the help you have given here. I was grateful for the opportunity to use Jade. I'm not sure whether or not it helped (one never knows exactly 'what worked' when using several treatment modalities) but my PF did resolve while I was using it, so let's give it some of the credit. I am still hoarding the third and final tube from the trial - just in case.

I hope you won't leave us entirely. Do look in now and then.

Thanks again, and very best wishes, Julie.

Re: That's right, Wendy, it was Nancy N.

Julie on 12/06/02 at 02:18 (101929)

BrianJ on 12/06/02 at 08:33 (101948)

Chris --

During World War II, my dad had occasion to spend some time in Australia. He said it was a wonderful place with wonderful people. You have certainly borne out the 'wonderful people' part. We appreciate the time and money you have devoted to helping us.

Have a good holiday season, and please keep in touch.

-- Brian

Kathy G on 12/06/02 at 08:37 (101950)

My son went to live in Australia for about three or four months. He has traveled a great deal and he said the Australian people were the nicest, friendliest people he ever met. His dream is to go back there again some time when he's not a kid just out of college and has a little more money to travel.

The whole Jade thing was new when I first came to the Boards and it's wonderful if it helped 60% of the people!

Dr. Z on 12/06/02 at 18:30 (102015)

I though it was Barbara S from Texas who came up with the name

john h on 12/06/02 at 19:05 (102020)

I am so confused Wendy as I have the two Nancy's botched up with one on DSL and one on 56K and still naming you as the Lemon Pledge lady. What is the vitimin that is good for the brain and memory? I do remember you do not like the picture Scott posted of you and you hounded him until he removed it. hounded is another word for nagged.

john h on 12/06/02 at 19:06 (102021)

Texas Barb will live in infamy for her creation of Dr. Heuy Lewi.

wendyn on 12/06/02 at 19:40 (102030)

Nagged is fine John.

I have a much newer picture that I keep meaning to send in, but I haven't gotten around to it. The other one is getting old - but I thought it gave a good picture of some interesting abnormal lower limb alignment.

We have a big party to go this weekend, so I will actually be dressed up. Maybe I'll have an updated picture taken.

I'm even wearing heels, which of course - I can't really walk in. Last year I wore my birks and brought a little cloth gift back with me. Just outside the banquet, I popped my birks into the bag and slipped on the pumps. I walked _very_ carefully to my seat and then I _sat_ as much as humanly possible. They are low heels, so not terribly dangerous. I refuse to wear birks to a semi-formal to formal party. I will just sit and be decorative.

john h on 12/07/02 at 09:48 (102062)

A lady in birks at a dress up/formal party certainly gets more attention from me than one in high heels. take that road less traveled.

Re: That's the stuff, John! eom

Julie on 12/07/02 at 12:02 (102080)

wendyn on 12/07/02 at 12:39 (102092)

John, the road less travelled tends to have more snow on it. I prefer to travel in the tire tracks of those who have gone before me.

nancy s. on 12/07/02 at 17:30 (102127)

john, as i catch up on today's postings, you've made so many wise ones that it was hard to choose which one to respond to. i chose this one, about the road less traveled.

first of all, i don't believe wendy's response for a minute. wendy, you're a very independent thinker.

and john, you are King for going for the woman in birks rather than high heels. you have the secret to sensuality, brains, humor, and non-robot instincts & mind. more power to you and your like.

nancy
p.s. i don't wear birks.
p.p.s. just kidding, of course. heh heh. and i'm not biased, either.

Nancy N on 12/08/02 at 19:58 (102296)

Sorry to disappoint, guys. It was TexBarb who dubbed herself 'Lemon Pledge Girl' in her trial page on this site, and it was her indeed who came up with the term, because she got her first tube and swore it smelled just like Lemon Pledge. I never used it, because I was healed (or healing nicely) by the time it became available.

Re: Huey Lewi

Nancy N on 12/08/02 at 20:02 (102297)

Huey Lewi was Barb's wonderful creation, indeed. I know I for one miss him, and I definitely miss his brilliant animator.

Lynda S. on 12/11/02 at 11:26 (102717)

Dr. Chris:

You know I was one of the people who the Jade helped. I still have 1-1/2 tubes left and will order from the new company when I am out of it. I was one who was very skeptical at first, having really found nothing but Birks that helped me. I was amazed at how quickly it worked on me. I thank you so much for the time and money you spent on this project and that I was one who was able to benefit from it.
All the best to you and your family this Christmas.