Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tingling, cold & sweating

Posted by Ken E on 12/05/02 at 22:10 (101917)

Hi, I have read this sight for a long time, but I've never seen anybody talk about their feet sweating.I have been dealing with tts for about two years now. I have had the electrical tests. I have had the injections. I am now on 300mg of neurotin, twice a day. I don't call what I'm feeling pain. My toes tingle, my feet feel cold, & they sweat on the bottom. My tarsal tunnle feels enlarged when I sit. It feels good in the night & in the morning. I stopped the neurotin for two days & the tingling sensations went wild, even going to the calves of my legs. After reading others talk on this sight, I'm not sure if I'm diagnosed correctly. Do any of these symptoms sound familier to others? They choose not to do a release operation here, because success rate is so low. I have been to three orthopedic surgeons.
Thanks

Re: tingling, cold & sweating

Sharon W on 12/06/02 at 01:18 (101925)

Ken,

I don't know about the sweating part -- I don't think I have that - but the tingling and ESPECIALLY the feeling of my feet being numb and 'cold' --even in the Texas summer -- is familiar to me. So are the nerve sensations running up the calves of my legs -- although most of the time I called it 'zapping' or radiating pain, not just tingling.

The fact that without Neurontin your tingling sensations went crazy, means that you do have SOME kind of nerve problem in your feet and ankles, and you still need the Neurontin to help keep it under control.

Surgery isn't always the wrong decision for this condition, but if something else is working for you it's a good thing to avoid! I had the Tarsal Tunnel release surgery 4 1/2 months ago, and it is NOT an easy solution for this problem; the recovery process takes quite a while, and I am still recovering. I guess I'm one of the 'lucky' ones, because I feel A WHOLE LOT BETTER (about 80%) after the surgery compared with what it was like for me before. But I STILL find that I am very uncomfortable, with tingling and 'itching inside' and sometimes even stinging pains in the surgery area, if I forget to take a dose of my Neurontin.

Sharon

wendyn on 12/06/02 at 12:18 (101987)

Ken, I seem to recall the reference to sweating in something I've read along the way. Sometimes I will get sweaty feet - but nothing that I think is unusual.

Sharon W on 12/06/02 at 22:27 (102038)

Wendy, Ken,

It is possible that the sweating could be related to something else. For instance, Ken, you could have an overactive thyroid gland. Or, if you have been taking Medrol (steroid pills sometimes prescribed for foot problems), sweating could be a side effect of that medication.

Sharon

Re: RSD?

Tammie on 12/07/02 at 16:57 (102121)

I have found out that this sweating and burning pains are common symtoms of RSD. I have had several. Laurie? Or Janet? I know they both have known about RSD long before me so may have more to say. I am learning still about different things that are affecting me and my body but most come with pain, I hope this is not RSD but it might be something to read about?

Take care!

Sharon W on 12/06/02 at 01:18 (101925)

Ken,

I don't know about the sweating part -- I don't think I have that - but the tingling and ESPECIALLY the feeling of my feet being numb and 'cold' --even in the Texas summer -- is familiar to me. So are the nerve sensations running up the calves of my legs -- although most of the time I called it 'zapping' or radiating pain, not just tingling.

The fact that without Neurontin your tingling sensations went crazy, means that you do have SOME kind of nerve problem in your feet and ankles, and you still need the Neurontin to help keep it under control.

Surgery isn't always the wrong decision for this condition, but if something else is working for you it's a good thing to avoid! I had the Tarsal Tunnel release surgery 4 1/2 months ago, and it is NOT an easy solution for this problem; the recovery process takes quite a while, and I am still recovering. I guess I'm one of the 'lucky' ones, because I feel A WHOLE LOT BETTER (about 80%) after the surgery compared with what it was like for me before. But I STILL find that I am very uncomfortable, with tingling and 'itching inside' and sometimes even stinging pains in the surgery area, if I forget to take a dose of my Neurontin.

Sharon

wendyn on 12/06/02 at 12:18 (101987)

Ken, I seem to recall the reference to sweating in something I've read along the way. Sometimes I will get sweaty feet - but nothing that I think is unusual.

Sharon W on 12/06/02 at 22:27 (102038)

Wendy, Ken,

It is possible that the sweating could be related to something else. For instance, Ken, you could have an overactive thyroid gland. Or, if you have been taking Medrol (steroid pills sometimes prescribed for foot problems), sweating could be a side effect of that medication.

Sharon

Re: RSD?

Tammie on 12/07/02 at 16:57 (102121)

I have found out that this sweating and burning pains are common symtoms of RSD. I have had several. Laurie? Or Janet? I know they both have known about RSD long before me so may have more to say. I am learning still about different things that are affecting me and my body but most come with pain, I hope this is not RSD but it might be something to read about?

Take care!