Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Day 6 update

Posted by Kari B on 12/08/02 at 13:11 (102249)

Hi all,
Well, its day 6 since my tts surgery and I'm feeling pretty well. Still no weight bearing though so I'm kind of getting anxious to see how my foot will feel when I actually get to put some weight on it. It feels swollen and bruised and I have on/off nervy symptoms but not continuous. I guess that can be taken as good news. I know that only 6 days isn't much but I was hoping to be in less pain by now.... but I'm still trying to stay optomistic. I go in for my first post-op appt on Wednesday the 11th and should know more after that. I will write again in a couple of days. Right now I am enjoying my hubby being home and watching him get everything ready for Christmas LOL!!! (He is absolutely amazed at how much I do behind the scenes for Christmas that he never even thought of before!) So, I will post again soon, take care everyone! I hope all is doing well!
Kari

Re: Day 6 update

Carl D. on 12/09/02 at 10:10 (102341)

Kari, Thanks for posting your post-op experience. I am trying to avoid surgery, but am interested in other's experiences with it in case I have to go that route. Good luck and keep us posted.
Carl

Kari B on 12/09/02 at 11:20 (102345)

Hi Carl,
I will definitely keep posting here but I think my surgery might have been a tad bit different than the majority of people here on this board. I too would have avoided surgery at all costs if there was no visible reason for my nerve to have been inflamed. But... I had an injury to my foot in June which was the culprit... causing scar tissue to build up so much it cut off the blood supply to the nerve in the tarsal tunnel. This was visible on the testing my Dr did before the surgery and that was why I chose surgery after a fair amount of time with conservative treatment. I want to wish you all the best of luck with your feet and will keep my fingers crossed that you will heal with conservative treatments!!! Take care
Kari
P.S. Although my surgery may differ, I wanted to be able to post so that others can get an idea of how my recovery goes even though we must remember that everyone heals differently and all dr's have different ideas of healing time etc. I sure hope my posting does help at least one person! Thanks!

carynz on 12/09/02 at 23:56 (102482)

hi Kari. Yes pls keep on posting with changes and results etc. I too am still waiting to see if surgeon agrees to do surgery or if I will be told no nothing's going to work so just live with it the way it is. I am keeping a folder of all things pertaining to my situation and will use all this knowledge to make any decisions when and if the time comes.
In the meantime, I hope you are managing okay with the pain and things go well for your recovery.

Take good care and I hope you find your yankee pot roast recipe...I could give you one for an Alberta Beef Pot Roast!!!

Cheers Caryn

Kari B on 12/10/02 at 00:00 (102483)

Caryn
Any and all pot roast recipes are welcome!! I'm hoping to get several and then I will start trying them all! :) Thanks!
Kari

Carl D. on 12/09/02 at 10:10 (102341)

Kari, Thanks for posting your post-op experience. I am trying to avoid surgery, but am interested in other's experiences with it in case I have to go that route. Good luck and keep us posted.
Carl

Kari B on 12/09/02 at 11:20 (102345)

Hi Carl,
I will definitely keep posting here but I think my surgery might have been a tad bit different than the majority of people here on this board. I too would have avoided surgery at all costs if there was no visible reason for my nerve to have been inflamed. But... I had an injury to my foot in June which was the culprit... causing scar tissue to build up so much it cut off the blood supply to the nerve in the tarsal tunnel. This was visible on the testing my Dr did before the surgery and that was why I chose surgery after a fair amount of time with conservative treatment. I want to wish you all the best of luck with your feet and will keep my fingers crossed that you will heal with conservative treatments!!! Take care
Kari
P.S. Although my surgery may differ, I wanted to be able to post so that others can get an idea of how my recovery goes even though we must remember that everyone heals differently and all dr's have different ideas of healing time etc. I sure hope my posting does help at least one person! Thanks!

carynz on 12/09/02 at 23:56 (102482)

hi Kari. Yes pls keep on posting with changes and results etc. I too am still waiting to see if surgeon agrees to do surgery or if I will be told no nothing's going to work so just live with it the way it is. I am keeping a folder of all things pertaining to my situation and will use all this knowledge to make any decisions when and if the time comes.
In the meantime, I hope you are managing okay with the pain and things go well for your recovery.

Take good care and I hope you find your yankee pot roast recipe...I could give you one for an Alberta Beef Pot Roast!!!

Cheers Caryn

Kari B on 12/10/02 at 00:00 (102483)

Caryn
Any and all pot roast recipes are welcome!! I'm hoping to get several and then I will start trying them all! :) Thanks!
Kari