Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Day six of recovery from surgery

Posted by Kari B on 12/08/02 at 13:16 (102250)

Hi all,
Well, its day 6 since my tts surgery and I'm feeling pretty well. Still no weight bearing though so I'm kind of getting anxious to see how my foot will feel when I actually get to put some weight on it. It feels swollen and bruised and I have on/off nervy symptoms but not continuous. I guess that can be taken as good news. I know that only 6 days isn't much but I was hoping to be in less pain by now.... but I'm still trying to stay optomistic. I go in for my first post-op appt on Wednesday the 11th and should know more after that. I will write again in a couple of days. Right now I am enjoying my hubby being home and watching him get everything ready for Christmas LOL!!! (He is absolutely amazed at how much I do behind the scenes for Christmas that he never even thought of before!) So, I will post again soon, take care everyone! I hope everyone is doing well! I've also been reading all the messages here and would like to add my 2 cents on the availability of this board. I am thankful for the caring support I have found here and feel absolutely sure that if not for all the wonderful people here I probably wouldn't have made it through the anxiety and stress I've felt for several months due to my foot pain, so THANK YOU ALL... no matter what topic is being discussed, I always seem to find a smile here! Hugs to all!

Kari

Re: Day six of recovery from surgery

Necee on 12/09/02 at 01:04 (102314)

All the best to you as you recover from your surgery Kari.
Please keep us posted.

Happy trails...

Necee

Tammie on 12/09/02 at 07:40 (102324)

dito,Relax and remember one day at a time as your feet have a mind of there own to the healing phase!

Suzanne D on 12/09/02 at 22:01 (102458)

Kari, it's good to hear from you. I wish you continued good luck with your recovery. I'm STILL having e-mail problems but have not forgotten you!

You should have seen my student Roger today when we put up our tree in the classroom. He was so excited! They all were. 60 boxes and more to go and a tree in the middle of it all. I must be nuts! But, I wanted them to have it even if we are moving in a few days. I had some fabric ornaments I made which a few were twirling around with the yarn thread they hang by. I told them not to do that as I made them 25 years ago, and the yarn was thin. One little boy said, 'Gosh, guys...that is OLD!' And, when I heard myself say it, it even sounded old to me! They treated them with great respect after that.

Take care, Kari.

Suzanne :-)

Necee on 12/09/02 at 01:04 (102314)

All the best to you as you recover from your surgery Kari.
Please keep us posted.

Happy trails...

Necee

Tammie on 12/09/02 at 07:40 (102324)

dito,Relax and remember one day at a time as your feet have a mind of there own to the healing phase!

Suzanne D on 12/09/02 at 22:01 (102458)

Kari, it's good to hear from you. I wish you continued good luck with your recovery. I'm STILL having e-mail problems but have not forgotten you!

You should have seen my student Roger today when we put up our tree in the classroom. He was so excited! They all were. 60 boxes and more to go and a tree in the middle of it all. I must be nuts! But, I wanted them to have it even if we are moving in a few days. I had some fabric ornaments I made which a few were twirling around with the yarn thread they hang by. I told them not to do that as I made them 25 years ago, and the yarn was thin. One little boy said, 'Gosh, guys...that is OLD!' And, when I heard myself say it, it even sounded old to me! They treated them with great respect after that.

Take care, Kari.

Suzanne :-)