Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I like to say that

Posted by Tammie on 12/08/02 at 19:32 (102286)

Social board if looked at for the word social, that alone would tell someone that it is for any topic and for just chatting or talking about any thing in general. If you want to learn or talk about medicine, without licence or with. The other boards are for this. I know I have abused the other ones at times for a persoanl thing, but I do try to keep it to the right board.

I have all but quit replying as I have alot on my mind and I dont like to sap it right now. I will say I read the social all that I can . Because some of the people who have been here for a long time are friends and I like to know how they are and what there life is like for them. I also chooose to email some .As talks can be much to much on the board. I feel like I take to much time here.

My thing that keeps my heart pumping and my brain fuctioning is thinking of others and not my self,all the time.I am feeling a bit foolish posting this as I am sure it will be turned and tossed over to some, but I dont care! I cannot help but care about others that is my fault and was my biggest mistake in my feet. I need friends to talk to to keep me on the good road and when I am down be there to help me back up!

I remember a while back when Carmen was going thru what I am now , and I can rember how frightened she was and how there were so many people there to help ease her pain and let her voice her concerns . I to am in the midst of finding out If I have MS also, I to will have to wait the terrible waiting period while the backed up medical places that give mri of the brain and all of thease scary tests, and right before my most favorite time of year. I think about Carmen and remember what was said I feel good to know the friends here really care.

Those who do not like this part of the forum really dont have to be here, there are no tie down rules. I will keep all in my heart and prayers as some people never change and for that it is sad but good to as it always keeps everyone thinking.

Re: I like to say that

Carole C in NOLA on 12/09/02 at 13:23 (102369)

Tammie,

Hang in there. You've been through much worse, and I know you are a survivor. I want to tell you one thing, which is that even if you get a positive MS diagnosis, and even if that is confirmed without a doubt by, terrible MRI results and scary outcome from other tests, it still may not mean much beyond the symptoms that you've already felt.

Believe me, I know.

So do not despair, no matter what they tell you. There is always a possibility that your symptoms may not be too bad. And if they give you good news, then for sure it's time to celebrate!

If I were a religious person, I'd say it is time to let go and put yourself in God's hands. Everything will work out according to His plan no matter how the tests come out.

Carole C

Re: Carole thank you

Tammie on 12/09/02 at 13:40 (102373)

I am so glad you took time to post to me! I am so frightened , as my uncle has ms and has been in hospital alot, and cannot walk anymore and he found out a few yrs a go and now is unable to walk and some other not to pleasant things.

I have seen the bad sides as I work in a nursing home and we had so many of the bad sided MS i never really seen the good side. I seem to rember now that you have that dx ? How does it differ ? Is your foot troubles from this? I am so afraid but like you said I will put it in Gods hands as I have had to due that many of times lately! The hardest was on acepting and giving in to the need of a medical leave from my job, to hopefully get myself in a better way so that maybe I can work! Drs are pushing and they to hope it goes in my favor but most are not saying more that a grunt hear and there haha. Thanks again Carole I really needed this.

Carole C in NOLA on 12/09/02 at 14:09 (102375)

Tammie, my foot problems aren't related at all, and I have not had even one neurological symptom in thirteen and a half years.

I think that I got all scared for nothing. Back in 1989-1992 I read a lot about it and I do know how bad it can be. I feel so sad for those going through that nightmare. With modern MRI's, they can see so much and I think that often the positive diagnoses these days may not be such awful cases as what you and I were thinking of.

I hope your test results come out negative! But if they don't, be sure to remember to stay hopeful and leave it in God's hands.

Carole C

john h on 12/09/02 at 17:13 (102403)

Tammie I have read your post. Certainly people have the right to post almost anything they want. Even to be insulting or rude. I think that sometime people may post and not even realize how their post can just stick a dagger in the heart of the reader who it has been directed to. I just see no reason to hurt anyone and yes a sharp directed post can ruin some persons entire day and put them in some degree of pain. Although any poster can do this I just find it unnecessary, unthoughtful, and uncaring. Most people are here because of problems in their life created by pain and the emtional distress it brings on. If one wishes to argue any subject be it religion,snow flakes,emi oil or whatever it is just as easy to do it in a civilized manner and not hurt someone. I do not know if it is part of the hypocratic oath or what but that physicians phrase of 'First do no harm' quickly comes to mind. Perhaps it should be required reading 'Everything I need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten' (tile is probably screwed up). A very simplistic book but with life long truths.

Re: Tammie, hang in there...

Suzanne D on 12/09/02 at 21:57 (102455)

You've been through a great deal since I've 'known' you, Tammie, and I'm sure I only know a part of what you've had to deal with. I'm sorry you're scared and dealing with new tests and fears of diagnosis. I hope it does help to know I am thinking of you and care.

Please let us know how things go. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzanne :-)

Kari B on 12/09/02 at 23:01 (102473)

Tammie,
I just want to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will pray not only for good health but the courage to survive the tests and waiting. You seem like a very strong person to me and I've gained so much from this board and the caring people (like yourself) here since I found this site. Please take care of yourself!! Hugs!
Kari

Carole C in NOLA on 12/09/02 at 13:23 (102369)

Tammie,

Hang in there. You've been through much worse, and I know you are a survivor. I want to tell you one thing, which is that even if you get a positive MS diagnosis, and even if that is confirmed without a doubt by, terrible MRI results and scary outcome from other tests, it still may not mean much beyond the symptoms that you've already felt.

Believe me, I know.

So do not despair, no matter what they tell you. There is always a possibility that your symptoms may not be too bad. And if they give you good news, then for sure it's time to celebrate!

If I were a religious person, I'd say it is time to let go and put yourself in God's hands. Everything will work out according to His plan no matter how the tests come out.

Carole C

Tammie on 12/09/02 at 13:40 (102373)

I am so glad you took time to post to me! I am so frightened , as my uncle has ms and has been in hospital alot, and cannot walk anymore and he found out a few yrs a go and now is unable to walk and some other not to pleasant things.

I have seen the bad sides as I work in a nursing home and we had so many of the bad sided MS i never really seen the good side. I seem to rember now that you have that dx ? How does it differ ? Is your foot troubles from this? I am so afraid but like you said I will put it in Gods hands as I have had to due that many of times lately! The hardest was on acepting and giving in to the need of a medical leave from my job, to hopefully get myself in a better way so that maybe I can work! Drs are pushing and they to hope it goes in my favor but most are not saying more that a grunt hear and there haha. Thanks again Carole I really needed this.

Carole C in NOLA on 12/09/02 at 14:09 (102375)

Tammie, my foot problems aren't related at all, and I have not had even one neurological symptom in thirteen and a half years.

I think that I got all scared for nothing. Back in 1989-1992 I read a lot about it and I do know how bad it can be. I feel so sad for those going through that nightmare. With modern MRI's, they can see so much and I think that often the positive diagnoses these days may not be such awful cases as what you and I were thinking of.

I hope your test results come out negative! But if they don't, be sure to remember to stay hopeful and leave it in God's hands.

Carole C

john h on 12/09/02 at 17:13 (102403)

Tammie I have read your post. Certainly people have the right to post almost anything they want. Even to be insulting or rude. I think that sometime people may post and not even realize how their post can just stick a dagger in the heart of the reader who it has been directed to. I just see no reason to hurt anyone and yes a sharp directed post can ruin some persons entire day and put them in some degree of pain. Although any poster can do this I just find it unnecessary, unthoughtful, and uncaring. Most people are here because of problems in their life created by pain and the emtional distress it brings on. If one wishes to argue any subject be it religion,snow flakes,emi oil or whatever it is just as easy to do it in a civilized manner and not hurt someone. I do not know if it is part of the hypocratic oath or what but that physicians phrase of 'First do no harm' quickly comes to mind. Perhaps it should be required reading 'Everything I need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten' (tile is probably screwed up). A very simplistic book but with life long truths.

Re: Tammie, hang in there...

Suzanne D on 12/09/02 at 21:57 (102455)

You've been through a great deal since I've 'known' you, Tammie, and I'm sure I only know a part of what you've had to deal with. I'm sorry you're scared and dealing with new tests and fears of diagnosis. I hope it does help to know I am thinking of you and care.

Please let us know how things go. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzanne :-)

Kari B on 12/09/02 at 23:01 (102473)

Tammie,
I just want to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will pray not only for good health but the courage to survive the tests and waiting. You seem like a very strong person to me and I've gained so much from this board and the caring people (like yourself) here since I found this site. Please take care of yourself!! Hugs!
Kari