Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ankle Surgery

Posted by Jack Worley on 12/09/02 at 17:24 (102409)

I had an infection brought on by an improper procedure performed. The doctors stuck a needle in my ankle bone to check for gout. My ankle became infected and thus they removed my ankle. I opted not to have any more surgery. So they are trying to fuse my leg into my foot. My problem is where the surgery was I already had exema and the itching is so severe sometimes I cannot help from scratching it. Is there anything I can get to help with that itching? Thank You.
Jack

Re: Ankle Surgery

JACK WORLEY on 12/14/02 at 12:06 (103084)

WELL TODAY IS THE 14TH OF DEC. NO ANSWER YET!
JACK WORLEY

Dr. Z on 12/14/02 at 14:56 (103110)

If the surgical incision is closed. Try Domeboro Soaks . You can get the domeboro soaks at the local drug store. Soak twenty twenty minutes two to three times daily. May have to see a local podiatrist or dermatologist for a prescription for a steriod cream if the soaking is of no relief. The soaks should do the trick. If you can't find the domeboro ask the pharmacist he would find if for you. Good luck

JACK WORLEY on 12/14/02 at 12:06 (103084)

WELL TODAY IS THE 14TH OF DEC. NO ANSWER YET!
JACK WORLEY

Dr. Z on 12/14/02 at 14:56 (103110)

If the surgical incision is closed. Try Domeboro Soaks . You can get the domeboro soaks at the local drug store. Soak twenty twenty minutes two to three times daily. May have to see a local podiatrist or dermatologist for a prescription for a steriod cream if the soaking is of no relief. The soaks should do the trick. If you can't find the domeboro ask the pharmacist he would find if for you. Good luck